This is tough, vote them off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As soon as the 'no phones whilst driving' law came into effect, that immediately stopped the problem. Right?

Since the Theft Act of 1968 has that stopped stealing? Do people stick to speed limits? All laws will be broken it is in our nature.

I completely agree that there should be a Zero tolerance on alcohol and getting behind the wheel of a car/bus/lorry.

Like others here Ive personaly dealt with far more deaths than I care to remember due to alcohol related driving incidents. Some will stick with me forever. Its about being responsible. Any amount of alocohol will have an effect, and some people can handle alcohol far more than others, hence a zero tolerance policy is the safest sollution. If you fancy a drink, leave the car at home. Simples.

I really can see where alot of people are coming from, yes this country is heading towards a 'nanny state' in some depts, but Im totaly with the alcohol thing here, sorry.

Last edited:
I don't think that I've got much tolerance for alcohol, but I don't really know. Might I suggest that the majority of people also don't really know, particularly when related to a breathalyser test. There are so many variables, like alcohol strength, food eaten and when, amount of perspiration, etc.

For this reason I've always taken the attitude that I only know I'm safe if I've had no alcohol ( certainly not within 12 hours of driving ). Therefore any change makes no difference to me, but I'd like to suggest that it may be helpful to people who don't know exactly how much they can drink and still pass a breathalyser. If there is a much lower margin then they may only feel safe if they have no alcohol and thus ensure that they pass a breathalyser.

I have deliberately ignored commenting on the consequences of driving after driving. I am fully aware of these and, for me personally, it was a very important factor in my decision.

Having an interest in matters equine, I note that under anti-doping regulations, the use of alcohol in showjumping does not ban the competitor nor horse.

I only decided to look it up some time ago when I witnessed a Pony Club member filling his daughters pony with several cans of beer before a showjumping competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom