This is unreal - what a waste!

Discussion in 'Spotted on eBay!' started by 01alam, Apr 30, 2009.

1. 01alam

01alam Hardcore MB Enthusiast

2. Big_Jon

Big_Jon Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C230 Kompressor Sport Auto & Alfa Romeo 156 1.8 T-Spark.
    £3000 for the engine my eye.

I know a fair deal about Jaguars and a 5.3 V12 is worth £1000 tops and for that, it has to be a low-miler from a very FSH car.

Also, horrible undesirable colour, Kent alloys were never loved by the conoisseur and more suited to an old 4.2 daimler.

3. sidmon

sidmon Hardcore MB Enthusiast

I think though that the pre-HE engine that this would have had are rarer than rocking horse dudu.....literally!!! ;)

4. EDZ649

EDZ649 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R129 SL600 V12
    What a Muppet. Thank god he hasn't moved on and molested any Mercs! :wallbash:

5. Big_Jon

Big_Jon Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C230 Kompressor Sport Auto & Alfa Romeo 156 1.8 T-Spark.
    You would be surprised how many of the pre-HE lumps are sat in rusted wrecks just waiting for a buyer.

Bought one for a daimler double-six about three years ago and gave £400 for it.

6. popuptoaster

popuptoaster Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2000 E55 AMG Estate
    buy it cheap, bung a yank V8 in it on open pipes, paint it matt black and roll in it. luuuurvley.

7. wemorgan

wemorgan MB Club Veteran

Car:
    A205 C220d
    another sad XJS tale............

My father had a 1978 XJS 5.3. Eventually it cost too much time and money to repair he parked it in his field. The rust was really in it's element with grass growing up through the floor and cows using it as a scratching post. About five years later he gave the car to a local technology college to strip out the engine.

8. sidmon

I know the XJS generally (especially the early "new saint" ones as I call them) are getting popular with the yanks, hence the pre-HE prices.

9. MPG

MPG Hardcore MB Enthusiast

I'm currently on my third XJS, but was never interested in the earlier ones - especially ones with that awful pre-HE V12. To be honest I don't really like any of the pre 1991 facelift cars - until Ford pumped in their cash in the early 90's an XJS wasn't the most reliable chariot of choice. I've put in a couple of snaps of my current XJS - a 4 litre model from 1995 which I still find great fun to drive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  10. sidmon

That looks great in black, I know some people think black doesn't do a jag justice, but I think they look great in it! :rock:

Last edited: May 1, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  11. kwakdonut

kwakdonut Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Frod Mundano TDCi, Kawasaki z650
    What a complete nugget!!!

1 person likes this.
  12. mikeouk

mikeouk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2010 bmw 325d m sport coupe.......2007 transit high roof ,LWB......
    someone explain please:crazy:
    what does he mean the engine sold for £3000 more than the car and engine "fetched" on ebay?
    "fetched"is passed tense,so that means the whole car already been sold on ebay, which means the original buyer must have been the present seller
    i would imagine this means he bought it on ebay for,,,,,eg,,£1000 so he got £4000 for the engine, so that means even if he only gets his starting price of £350, in total he will return £4350,,,so,,thats a £3350 profit.
    ok,,,im 8 stellas into a 20pack,,,so im feeling like im making sense but maybe im not:wallbash::wallbash:

13. HR17

HR17 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A Merc.
    He's right on one point - when he says you'd struggle to find another one like it!

Tags: