This is very big

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can just imagine a nasty outbreak of Norovirus turning that into a hell on water.....

Friends work for ABP and were invited on for dinner a few nights ago

They cruise a fair bit nd said the same thing - its mahooosive

I don't care how big it is, an Iceberg would have it.

I don't care how big it is, an Iceberg would have it.

Doubt if it will encounter any icebergs between here and Barcelona,except
in the galley in the form of salad.

Wowzers!

And I'll bet the picture doesn't do it justice too. I can just imagine how mindblowing it is to be up close to it.

I wonder what proportion is under the surface of the water?

Thanks for sharing.

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think this is the last big cruise ship that was ordered when companies thought the next big holiday thing would be cruising,problem is far too many ships built chasing too few customers,i like cruising but I doubt if I would go on this giant,some years ago cruising was £100 a day ,this went down to £60 and now £40 a night is not uncommon,cheaper than a B&B and you visit somewhere new everyday,they say this ship burns 80,000 gallons of fuel a day and emits pollution which equates to 186 million cars,,oh well,makes my contribution with the S320 small beer.

I wonder how long one would have to queue to get off the thing to visit the very few ports that can accommodate it? Never mind having to board launches to visit those too small for it.

Once aboard one might as well be staying in Las Vegas or some American shopping mall.

Whatever floats yer boat I suppose....

I wonder how long one would have to queue to get off the thing to visit the very few ports that can accommodate it? Never mind having to board launches to visit those too small for it.

Once aboard one might as well be staying in Las Vegas or some American shopping mall.

Whatever floats yer boat I suppose....

You are quiet right,this ship will be fine when it can dock,but say it visits Portofino Italy,you have to lay off and use lifeboats to ferry passengers it will take for ever,and with that amount of people Portofino will be swamped,the plain fact is this ship is too big,but I suppose if you are going to make a mistake it might as well be a big one. :bannana:

My first impression was of it being a floating 60's build council estate.

I like Ships,they have a presence about them which can be inviting

this ship,along with the many attempts to be the largest ship in the world

Leave me cold...floating prisons?

View attachment 57689

Last edited:
That's crying out for a zombie outbreak.

Is the Gaurdian saying that the Germans and Belgiums think their buses are less polluting than Londons'! Then again they would say that wouldn't they!!

The cruise ships which pass by Venice are smaller that the one the OP posted about, but beside the tiny buildings they look huge, and like they took a wrong turn ...BIG time!!

This is the first one I saw when we visited last month, and it came as something of a surprise, but we ended up seeing one most days!

Click to enlarge:

IMG_6968.jpg

A barge mounted power station with a 16 deck hotel, shopping mall and entertainment complex packed with 6,780 passengers and 2,100 crew stuck on top?

No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom