This looks like fun!.....anyone on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ALFAitalia

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 ALFA 159 2.0 JTDM, Merc A170 (W169), Merc CLK 200K (C209) gone, 1999 Merc SLK 230K (R170) gone.
850 horse Brabus converted E63 5.5......not something you see everyday. Luv it (apart from the horrid B on the grille they insist on using....would be replaced with a Merc star if it was mine!!.....but well outside my price bracket!! Thought id post it due to rarity and if anyone was looking for one.......

I think I'd rather put my money on a newer W213 E63S 4matic.
MSL can give any M157 owner 850+ BHP at a price.
The problem with Brabus is there is a limited market.
But I bet it goes like a scalded cat!

Cheapest 213 E63 I've seen is just under 50k (at Peter Cooper's in Southampton as it happens)....and then you have the cost of the Brabus tuning on top......so the 212 Brabus above will be rather cheaper.......

Passenger exhaust pipes pushed back in approx 4cm would need addressing. as would all the eBay Brabus tat, the steering wheel logo, headrest cushions etc.

Needs proper 850 badging reinstalled, if you got it, flaunt it!

I'm sure Brabus fans will curse me for this :D It's trying too hard and looks very drug dealer wheels to my eyes.

I'm sure Brabus fans will curse me for this :D It's trying too hard and looks very drug dealer wheels to my eyes.
Each to their own, but I agree. It would make an awesome Q-Car. MB star on the front, silver wheels, no crazy rear diffuser and a C180 badge on the boot.
Just to see the confused look on the faces of the wanna-be boy racers after they've been blown into the weeds.

Each to their own, but I agree. It would make an awesome Q-Car. MB star on the front, silver wheels, no crazy rear diffuser and a C180 badge on the boot.
Just to see the confused look on the faces of the wanna-be boy racers after they've been blown into the weeds.
A C180 badge on an E-Class would definitely be confusing!! 😅

850 horse Brabus converted E63 5.5......not something you see everyday. Luv it (apart from the horrid B on the grille they insist on using....would be replaced with a Merc star if it was mine!!.....but well outside my price bracket!! Thought id post it due to rarity and if anyone was looking for one.......

Agree on the badge - has to be the most uninspiring badge there is. Most badges tell a story in some way but that "B" just seems to be "B for Brabus"! In fact i was so incensed by it's blandness i researched it!

"The brand’s name, Brabus, is a derivative of its founders’ surnames, Brackmann and Buschmann.

Being the largest tuning company for Mercedes cars, Brabus has a very strong reputation in the world’s car industry. The brand is powerful and confident, which is fully reflected in its visual identity.

The Brabus logo is composed of a wordmark and an emblem placed above it.

The all-caps wordmark is executed in a traditional serif typeface with thick bold lines and a slightly narrowed right bar of “U” and left bar of “A”.

The Brabus emblem works also as a brand’s signifier and is composed of a circle with the letter “B” enclosed. When placed above the wordmark, the emblem features thin fine lines and looks light and airy in the brand’s signature monochrome palette.

Being placed on the car bonnet, the Brabus emblem gains thicker and stronger lines, which look luxury in silver-gray color.

The Brabus logo is an example of a timeless visual identity, which reflects the brand’s confidence and authority, as well as its expertise in engineering and design. It is an elegant yet brutal logo, which is instantly recognizable and makes the brand stand out."

I actually agree with the last sentence but a bit of flair wouldn't go amiss.

Cheapest 213 E63 I've seen is just under 50k (at Peter Cooper's in Southampton as it happens)....and then you have the cost of the Brabus tuning on top......so the 212 Brabus above will be rather cheaper.......
Yep, not finding W213's any cheaper. I'd still rather throw another £5k on a 213 with a stock engine than a Brabus, but that's just me.
I'm willing to bet Brabus charge a far bigger sum to squeeze out 850bhp than MSL would. You are paying a lot for the name.
The 850bhp is only for bragging rights down the pub anyway. No way can much of that power be used legally in the UK
( Nor can I use mine legally either;))

Agree on the badge - has to be the most uninspiring badge there is. Most badges tell a story in some way but that "B" just seems to be "B for Brabus"! In fact i was so incensed by it's blandness i researched it!

"The brand’s name, Brabus, is a derivative of its founders’ surnames, Brackmann and Buschmann.

Being the largest tuning company for Mercedes cars, Brabus has a very strong reputation in the world’s car industry. The brand is powerful and confident, which is fully reflected in its visual identity.

The Brabus logo is composed of a wordmark and an emblem placed above it.

The all-caps wordmark is executed in a traditional serif typeface with thick bold lines and a slightly narrowed right bar of “U” and left bar of “A”.

The Brabus emblem works also as a brand’s signifier and is composed of a circle with the letter “B” enclosed. When placed above the wordmark, the emblem features thin fine lines and looks light and airy in the brand’s signature monochrome palette.

Being placed on the car bonnet, the Brabus emblem gains thicker and stronger lines, which look luxury in silver-gray color.

The Brabus logo is an example of a timeless visual identity, which reflects the brand’s confidence and authority, as well as its expertise in engineering and design. It is an elegant yet brutal logo, which is instantly recognizable and makes the brand stand out."
It's just a big, obtrusive letter B to most of us. Who knew (or believes; or gives a sh1t...) so much thought went into it - long after it was chosen?

It's all just B(S), innit, really? And if I bought that car, almost the first thing I'd do would be to get rid of the steering wheel boss...

I would tread carefully before buying this one. It could be a genuine car which has been messed with but it could be a fake.

It would be unusual - but possible - to put “fake” Brabus bits on a genuine factory Brabus but this has several fake bits.

It would be unusual for an 850 not to have Brabus interior - it doesn’t even have Brabus mats, door pins and illuminated panels.

The ad shows an 850 plaque but the gold heat reflective components aren’t visible at all, the intakes don’t look quite right to me.

My guess would be this is an E 63 with a few genuine bits, and a few fake bits, but may not necessarily be an 850.

PS The 850 engine conversion (alone) is £75,000 EUR plus tax.

AMG badging on dials, seats, gear selector...
I don't Brab

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom