This mornings moron.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How? by banging on the inside of the coffin shouting let me out you stupid cretin, I'm not dead yet.:eek:

That would have been fun!

There was a wonderful story about a new employee at the morgue being persuaded to try out one of the cabinets, in he went and after a couple of Minuit's called out "its dark in here" a voice from below him said, "and cold too".

I understand the lad is getting better, slowly.

The point I was trying to make was, once the service has been provided, some customers just do not want too pay, and some of them have it down to a fine art.

Its spotting the buggers that the tricky bit!

Quantify, "hurt and distressed"

(PS: If you buy an MB in warranty or if the fault genuinely develops during the ownership of the car, then chasing MB is fair enough).[/QUOTE]

Thats me:bannana:

Final outcome

I received a letter today from my insurers (RSA).

After reviewing the case, the insurers have decided that as the alledged incident occured at my premises and not the third parties premisies that the excess on the policy doesn't apply......sounds like NS to me.....

They continued, that as this is the case and I will not be required to make any payments that it is financially more viable to settle on a without predjudice basis including no admission of fault.

I'm not surprised, but I made it clear they'd be prying a cheque for the excess from my cold dead hand...so it seems the insurers have waived the excess to avoid having to get my permission to settle, which they've now done.

I'm simply ambivalent about this decision, I pay insurance for this reason, if they want to settle then that's down to them as long as it doesn't cost me an extra penny in increased premiums (which I've been assured it won't) then I'm not all that bothered.

I guess these people understand how to play the system.

True. Chalk it down to experience- It's not your loss and sooner-or-later the muppet woman will encounter the cold hand of karma.

I completely despair of this kind of attitude- I noticed a facebook conversation between some old school acquaintances of mine yesterday... Reproduced below with names removed. I despair... Leaving aside the terrible spelling I can't believe the "Who cares if he was injured" comment especially... :(

Woman X has just had virgin media taken out and sky installed. she cant believe how much mess one man can make falling through her ceiling into the girls bedroom from the loft!!!! what a numpty. The ceiling is having a tempary repair being done as we speak and a proper job done as soon as sky agree with it.!!!!

Person Y said...thats insane!! was he injured ??

Person Z
who cares if he was injure, what a tosser! I would make a VERY big claim!

Person W
Yeah what (Z) said...it was studded with crystals and worth 10K wasnt it?

Last edited:
I completely despair of this kind of attitude- I noticed a facebook conversation between some old school acquaintances of mine yesterday...
Don't just despair, send Sky a link to the conversation as "a concerned citizen". I'm sure they'd be appreciative :devil: :D

Don't just despair, send Sky a link to the conversation as "a concerned citizen". I'm sure they'd be appreciative :devil: :D
As Sky likely outsource their installations to locals I doubt they care how much it would cost as it'll all be billed to the one-man-band installer.

Meanwhile I'm not shocked at the outcome from this story. For some reason the mouthbreathing pondlife of this world seem to come out on top in a lot of situations the same way SCUM ends up on the surface.

Even if it doesn't affect the OP's insurance premium ultimately that money has to come from somewhere so essentially we're all paying for their decision. Marvellous.

I'm not surprised either, but in all honesty I invited them to make this decision by refusing any without prejudice settlement that meant I was required to part with any money.

Of course it's cheaper to pay than go to court.

I am amused by the BS that the insurers come up with about the excess not applying due to where the incident occurred. They simply don't have the ability to say "Ok, we'll waive the excess and pay her claim as it will be cheaper all round" it has to be some nonsense to make them save face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom