this must tempt someone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very nice. Shame there is no aircon but looks like it will make a good price.

Now that is nice. No aircon? Open a window or pop the roof:devil: K Reg aircon system would need a lot of care.

wow i love this. am very tempted to make a bid. may well be a good bargain if it really is in 'time warp' condition as stated in advert. should i be overly concerned about lack of service book?

condition of body and mechanics more important than service history at this age and price -maybe he has some other receipts/old mots etc

Bit of a cliché - the number of 'low mileage' pampered cars that always seem to appear missing the service history to substantiate it. Seems odd that the lower mileage cars often seem to have less of the original paperwork/service books than many cheaper/higher mileage ones! :eek:

Don't get me wrong, it does look very nice, but at nearly twenty years old and now with six owners it really should have some service history to show how well it's been cared for and that the mileage is genuine. Also seems odd that the seller won't spend £20.00 on a set of front brake pads for such a 'perfect' car.

Heck, it is old, no air con and I do not need an estate with 7 seats but it looks lovely and is near to me, just trying to think of a good reason not to bid!!

Bit of a cliché - the number of 'low mileage' pampered cars that always seem to appear missing the service history to substantiate it. Seems odd that the lower mileage cars often seem to have less of the original paperwork/service books than many cheaper/higher mileage ones! :eek:

Don't get me wrong, it does look very nice, but at nearly twenty years old and now with six owners it really should have some service history to show how well it's been cared for and that the mileage is genuine. Also seems odd that the seller won't spend £20.00 on a set of front brake pads for such a 'perfect' car.
Wise to be suspicious although no receipts etc would be unusual, at least they should be able to verify history with any local garage. Oftem people when deciding to sell a car just close off on the idea of any further expense no matter how trivial.

Wise to be suspicious although no receipts etc would be unusual, at least they should be able to verify history with any local garage. Oftem people when deciding to sell a car just close off on the idea of any further expense no matter how trivial.

I agree with you to an extent, but for someone clearly expecting a decent price for a supposedly perfect (low mileage) car, he's not doing himself any favours when he says he 'can't find' the service book and then won't even spend £20.00 for a set of pads - IMHO.

Surely if it was serviced and maintained properly, you'd at least look after the fairly basic stuff like brake pads...

Why?!!!You've two lovely coupe's and no need for an estate

Dash I have 124-fever! 7 seater could come in handy one day!

I agree with you to an extent, but for someone clearly expecting a decent price for a supposedly perfect (low mileage) car, he's not doing himself any favours when he says he 'can't find' the service book and then won't even spend £20.00 for a set of pads - IMHO.

Surely if it was serviced and maintained properly, you'd at least look after the fairly basic stuff like brake pads...

Peoples expectations of prices when selling cars or houses etc are often a little cloudy. In their heads it is wonderful so surely everyone will think the same:dk:

When selling I try to put myself in the position of a potential buyer and work out my advert and prepare the car accordingly.

Like I say, I'm sure it's a nice enough car, just the observation that so many of these low-mileage 'timewarp' cars appear to be missing the credentials that most typical cars seem to have no problem losing.

Surely if my old 300TE that has nearly 200k on the clock can keep hold of it's service books and old MOTs, it's not much to ask for a car with less than half that amount?

After all, if you're going to be paying well over the odds for an old car, you want to make sure that it's not just had a new speedo head fitted 10 years ago or something - or heaven forbid it may be clocked! :eek:

Like I say, I'm sure it's a nice enough car, just the observation that so many of these low-mileage 'timewarp' cars appear to be missing the credentials that most typical cars seem to have no problem losing.

Surely if my old 300TE that has nearly 200k on the clock can keep hold of it's service books and old MOTs, it's not much to ask for a car with less than half that amount?

After all, if you're going to be paying well over the odds for an old car, you want to make sure that it's not just had a new speedo head fitted 10 years ago or something - or heaven forbid it may be clocked! :eek:

Oh dear, what a pessimist, and quite rightly as well!! Like all purchases caveat emptor is the watchword. Hopefully i is a staraight and honest sale. Hopefully if someone on here buys it they will let us know.:rock:

Mr Will is spot on the money.

That's a great car....as long as that isn't a pool of oil under it in the last picture...!

What do you think its' market value is?

Coming to a dealer near you!

This was on eBay for all of 5 seconds last night, i expect to see it at a dealer very soon.

Low mileage S124 E300d in red

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom