This really GRINDS my gears!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ONEnONLY

Car
Mercedes
Hello all. Just thought I’d show everyone this advert that I found on eBay. I would like to know what others opinions are on this as this really frustrates me. Over the years I have actually had several very high rate arguments over this issue and in my opinion Mercedes are to blame really as they call any Mercedes produced that is fitted from factory with an AMG body kit. They actually call it (this is an example) SLK200 AMG. Now to those who don’t have much knowledge about this they can be mislead in to thinking the car is an official AMG. But the fact actually is that it’s just a badge and nothing more. I few years ago I was working as taxi driver and a customer who I picked up started to talk about there new Mercedes c class AMG. On arrival at there house i spotted the “blue efficiency” (or a badge near to this description) badge on the front wing. So In spotting that I casually remarked “i thought you had a real AMG”. The following I did not expect. The customer come to my door literally in such a rage they nearly pulled it from its hinges then grabbed hold of me and pulled me out of the car. They was in my face screaming that they are not a Lier and that the car is definitely an AMG. I tried to explain that i accept it has the AMG kit however it is a diesel therefore not a real AMG. This row continued for about 40 minutes. I was shocked by there reaction and they reported me to the local council for being a rude driver. I look back and can only laugh as I know I was right. And this advert has just brought it all back to. However this is definitely a misleading advert and they should be told! What are your opinions? Thanks Rik

2000 MERCEDES SLK320 AMG 3.2 V6 PETROL AUTOMATIC SPORTS CONVERTIBLE | eBay

If they don't know the differences then why are they buying the car, just because of the AMG reference?
Ignorance is bliss... leave them to it

He grabbed you from your car and you argued for 40mins? - Why didnt you contact the Police?

Bit of a n00b, but I guess I tell the difference because AMG models only have two numbers?

The only AMG engined R170 was the SLK 32. It had the same M112 engine as in the SLK320, but had a helical twin-screw supercharger and water-to-air intercooler bolted on. Mercedes offered an AMG body kit from 1999 I believe. Anyone taking a quick look under the bonnet would left in no doubt on the identity of the power plant.
Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class (R170) - Wikipedia

008.jpg

I love a good row especially when I know I’m rite. I just can’t understand why people actually believe they have a genuine AMG when it’s a dirty diesel

Also it’s more fun to continually argue when you know your right plus to see how someone can get so annoyed and angry to the point where they look like there gonna give them self a heart attack! It’s ridiculous

The ad is innocent. He does not labour the point and merely says it has AMG wheels...just like my AMG.

The ad is innocent. He does not labour the point and merely says it has AMG wheels...just like my AMG.

Personally, I don't consider it innocent if AMG is within the main advert title.

It’s not the advert itself it’s the title. I only recently bought my SLK which I found on eBay. And I actually contacted this seller. I was looking for a 320, I knew it wasn’t a AMG but when we spoke on the phone he did refer to it as “the silver amg”. That statement alone is incorrect!

Also it’s more fun to continually argue when you know your right plus to see how someone can get so annoyed and angry to the point where they look like there gonna give them self a heart attack! It’s ridiculous

Up until three years old, maybe. Beyond that is just sad. Give yourself a shake - you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom