This really GRINDS my gears!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Look on owning a real AMG as similar to taking a pee in a wet suit. You get a warm fuzzy feeling but nobody else knows about it...and most wouldn't care even if they knew...

I took my badges off of my car. Does that mean I'm not being true to the AMG brand?

I took my badges off of my car. Does that mean I'm not being true to the AMG brand?

Can I have them if you're not using them? I think I might stick it on my Suzuki :D

...now, where's that advert for the twin exhaust tip?

I was shocked by there reaction and they reported me to the local council for being a rude driver. I look back and can only laugh as I know I was right. And this advert has just brought it all back to. However this is definitely a misleading advert and they should be told! What are your opinions? Thanks Rik
My thought on your last bit is that being right and being rude are not mutually exclusive. And btw he DID have an AMG mercedes, and the proof is that Mercedes put "AMG" on the car. Is the fact that you don't like Mercedes diluting the brand not your problem more than your paying customer's ?

I tried to explain that i accept it has the AMG kit however it is a diesel therefore not a real AMG.
As oppose to tryiing to diffuse the situation and getting on with finding another fare ?

Ultimately the bit that says "AMG" is just a badge and nothing more, whether there is a handmade engine under the bonnet, or just a flat bottomed steering wheel. Not terribly sure what there was to be gained by telling a paying customer his car wasn't a real AMG, other than to rile him, or belittle him after he talked to you about his car with I assume pride ? Somewhat telling that an AMG expert needed the presence of a "blue efficency" badge to tell the difference. Maybe in the middle of your argument you should have mentioned about removing it !

Oy! It was you... where's my change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom