This really made me smile!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w124nut

Car
Mercedes W124 E320 cabriolet
Taken from BT Yahoo news:

A cleaning woman at a German museum who mistook a sculpture for an unsightly mess has destroyed the valuable artwork beyond recognition.

The cleaner at the city's Ostwall Museum went to work on the Martin Kippenberger installation entitled "When It Starts Dripping From the Ceiling" which was valued by insurers at 800,000 euros ($1.1 million).

The late contemporary master had created a tower of wooden slats under which a rubber trough was placed with a thin beige layer of paint representing dried rain water. Taking it for an actual stain, the cleaner scrubbed the surface until it gleamed.

"It is now impossible to return it to its original state," the spokeswoman from the museum said.

Highlights the ludicrous nature of some art...I'm sure the cleaners husband could knock something up to replace it.
Hell I've got some left over beige paint I could sell them (for the right price of course).

Taken from BT Yahoo news:

A cleaning woman at a German museum who mistook a sculpture for an unsightly mess has destroyed the valuable artwork beyond recognition.

The cleaner at the city's Ostwall Museum went to work on the Martin Kippenberger installation entitled "When It Starts Dripping From the Ceiling" which was valued by insurers at 800,000 euros ($1.1 million).

The late contemporary master had created a tower of wooden slats under which a rubber trough was placed with a thin beige layer of paint representing dried rain water. Taking it for an actual stain, the cleaner scrubbed the surface until it gleamed.

"It is now impossible to return it to its original state," the spokeswoman from the museum said.

Good. Rubbish like that shouldn't be called art and shouldn't be valued at that much. The cleaner took it for what it really was - a stain. At least she worked hard doing her job trying to make what she thought was a bad stain go away.

Good. Rubbish like that shouldn't be called art and shouldn't be valued at that much. The cleaner took it for what it really was - a stain. At least she worked hard doing her job trying to make what she thought was a bad stain go away.

And one thing I have to add is that if it was a real stain people would have been happy it was got rid of. Add the word "art" to it and some ridiculous value, and suddenly the SAME thing is glorified. Have two stains next to each other, one is by an artist and one is by a leaking pipe. Get a cleaner to remove the stains. Noody would miss the real stain, but an identical one they would. It's just completey mad

[S-TAG]You can tell I hate modern art![/S-TAG]

Banksy just goes to show how much of 'art' is just hype.

He just spray paints stencils, I could do that!

Art? My ar5e!

+1

And how exactly are we sure this "Banksy" person exists and isn't just a pseudonym for the country's vandal population? These graffiti installations were loathed until an elusive Banksy pops up and does the exact same thing but under the guise of it being art. Suddenly he's worshipped!

I looked at the artwork through the same eyes as the guy that got rid of it - just another bit of vandalism. But it was then pointed out a name is attached to it. Oh, that makes it so much better! It's now a bit of vandalism but by a Mr Banksy! What was once an eyesore was now this fantastic bit of modern art by a famous man. Even though it's the same bloody bit of stenciled grafitti as what was before an eyesore!

And now we know why culture has been wiped off the face of England. This is art? And people got put in jail for daubing walls until recently!

:doh:x1000

Most modern "art" is an utter waste of space and how anybody with with a molecule of sense and sensibility in their brain can estimate such a heap of garbage at such values defies belief.
Stupidity rules it appears.

To be fair, it's Eastville. Dropping a nuclear bomb on it would cause untold amounts of improvement :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom