This time next week...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
This time next week, I should have undergone my first operation under a general anaesthetic. Hopefully, as it's meant to be day surgery, I should be home by now.

At least if I die during the operation, I shouldn't know about it! :)

At least under general Chris, so should be loads better than a "day surgery" story I heard years ago. American decided on a vasectomy via injection into the appropriate tube, done one at a time. He said the worst moment of his life was coming down off the pain of the first and realising he still had one to go!!

Hope all goes well for you!

Good Luck dude.

What meal will you most look forward to when you get home?

The action really begins before the op. not long after you've arrived at your bed, when a nurse turns up to give you an enema, just make sure you know where the toilets are. Good luck. :thumb:

It's a breeze. Give me a GA any day.
Had a laminectomy. Had more pain and discomfort from a paper cut.
Had my lenses replaced under a local and passed out.

When you're a wuss like me, GA is a godsend.

May Allah be with you. Good luck.

Already looking forward to your post op posts.
Good luck.

As I've been struggling to wake recently, being sleepy afterwards will just seem like normlaity. The bit seems strange to me is the idea of walking into theatre and then being drugged. One problem though, if it's decided that I need to stay in, they will have to transfer to a different hospital, as the one doing the operation has no wards for overnight stays.

When I had my prostate removed it was under GA, the last thing I remember after climbing onto the couch in the theatre ante room was the anaethesist saying

"right lets put the good stuff in"

woke up in a ward about 6 hours later with tubes and sensors on various body parts.

As I've been struggling to wake recently, being sleepy afterwards will just seem like normlaity. The bit seems strange to me is the idea of walking into theatre and then being drugged. One problem though, if it's decided that I need to stay in, they will have to transfer to a different hospital, as the one doing the operation has no wards for overnight stays.

Good luck with that. My only experience with GA was taking SWMBO for a tooth removal. After the removal she was guided into the recovery room where I was. On a cloud she wanted to pay twice for the procedure.:rolleyes:

This time next week, I should have undergone my first operation under a general anaesthetic. Hopefully, as it's meant to be day surgery, I should be home by now.

At least if I die during the operation, I shouldn't know about it! :)

General Anaesthetic? Never had one until this year, then had two :D

Nothing to worry about, statistically you are more likely to die in a plane crash than as result of general anaesthetic :thumb:

You'll be fine ;)

All the best.

I'm just hoping to wake-up feeling a new woman!:D

With the calcium levels in my bones (too high) I've broken every limb at least once. Hopefully as the years pass the levels will get closer to normal and I'll be less of a drain on the NHS..

Anyway, re-constructing arms/legs under GA was a regular occurance for me.

I'ver never tried Class A sbstances, so don't know what the hit is like, but the rush you get when they tell you to count backwsards from 10 was worth any pain after!

And you never do get to zero....

I've only had a GA once, to repair a ruptured Achilles tendon. Best sleep I've ever had. Don't worry, you'll sail through it.

Thanks, chaps. Currently, I'm kind of looking forward to it; having spent the last few days cutting our hedging, I am absolutely knackered and aching like hell. Doing a marathon distance row, on my Concept2 felt easier than this. So, I could do with a good sleep, maybe a high, and a few days / weeks doing nothing! :)

I have had a few.

Every time I wake up I dont know who I am. Its very scary. Within 10 mins I am back in the room feeling a bit silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom