This was a lucky catch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
True........

Same on my 159....basically the same Fiat/Alfa/Saab/Vauxhall engine.. I got it done in about 3 hours....most of which was cleaning up and painting stuff while I was under there. The clue that it had failed was the oil warning display coming on for the few two or three seconds on a cold start up....due to air being sucked past that seal.
My biggest problem was I had one of the engines where you had to take the bell housing off as you couldn't get to two of the bolts. Ended up drilling two large holes in the bell housing instead.

Hmm.....did not think you needed to on any of them. If you turn the engine by hand you will find two slots in the flywheel that allow you to get a long thin torx bit (I used a long torx type L shaped key) between the sump and the bell housing onto the two bolts that are otherwise hidden by the bell housing. It certainly works with the M32, F40 and C635 boxes they often come with. Mine has the F40.

Hmm.....did not think you needed to on any of them. If you turn the engine by hand you will find two slots in the flywheel that allow you to get a long thin torx bit (I used a long torx type L shaped key) between the sump and the bell housing onto the two bolts that are otherwise hidden by the bell housing. It certainly works with the M32, F40 and C635 boxes they often come with. Mine has the F40.
I already knew about the slots but certain cars didn't have them, mine included 😥

All closed up, ready to go back in on Saturday…

0-BEC3-EE2-39-F0-4337-B8-FC-FEAFC9514984.jpg

It’s back in and running beautifully. The next job is already on the engine stand. I think the stand breathed a sigh of relief when it received this tiny little four :)

44-D89-BC6-81-BC-475-D-87-DE-3641-E8-C6171-C.jpg
Do you ever sleep? 🤔😂😂👍👍👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom