This year's first drive in little greenie...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
Well, today being a lovely day, I set off to take the little greenie out for a drive. Before fuelling up, I added Fuel Doctor, then filled up with premium unleaded and off up the A59 and the A6 all the way to Milnethorpe, thence along through Windermere to go over one of the Lake District "passes" (Hardknott I think). Unfortunately, I was a few cars behind a large lorry from Slovenia or Slovakia which was, I imagine, following a satnav, but the holdups just meant I could look around at the scenery more. Thank you little greenie for having a rock-solid cooling system. After the pass, up to Patterdale, Glenridding and Watermillock and eventually J40 of the M6. All the way down to J32 with the top down at a gentle rate (50-60) in the left lane, and back down the A59 to home. A lovely drive and happy in the knowledge I'd put dinner in the slow cooker and could serve it up on arrival. Now that I know all seems to be well, time to start giving her a good all-over clean and polish...

Having spent time last evening looking at a friend's SLK320 (X reg, 2000?) last night, I'm getting tempted to swop my 968 tip cab. Which engine does your SLK have? My friend spoke of 220BHP in a roller skate, which is tempting for something easier to get in and out of than a cab that originally had 240BHP.

Lisa, it was seeing your little greenie the other year that made me realise how much I missed my old blue SLK.

Last year I treated myself to a BMW 120d Cabrio - it's a bit higher so I can get in and out easily - and I've had a few sunny day runs already this year. Roof down, windows up, heater on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom