Thmsshaun's new Mini

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imadoofus

MB Enthusiast
Car
This and that.
Well, it's not a Jensen ;) .

thmsshaun said:
Need some thought on how to install some better sounds as originality needs to be maintained.
If it's originality you want, then the sounds are the least of your worries! :D

Seriously, though; it looks like a nice condition car, and it'll do what you want, which is smoke around town for much less than the C43 would. Good find!

PJ

PS: Sir! Graham's cheating sir! He's not allowed to write things in that thread sir! Tell him!

imadoofus said:
Well, it's not a Jensen ;) .

If it's originality you want, then the sounds are the least of your worries! :D

Seriously, though; it looks like a nice condition car, and it'll do what you want, which is smoke around town for much less than the C43 would. Good find!

PJ

PS: Sir! Graham's cheating sir! He's not allowed to write things in that thread sir! Tell him!

I was just on my way to correct my error when I found you posting in the wrong section and had to move it!! Ner ner.

Look like the wheels I had on my original mini sprite. Fun car. 3 wheels is a great trick! :D

I think you have to decide what you're looking for with it Shaun - something that looks like it did when it left the factory or sommat that doesn't - which is what it looks like now:D

Personally I would ditch the window tints, go back to the chrome grille that will make it look a lot better than it does now - imho.

It's a cute little car. I used to have one of those - watch for the HT lead getting wet and shorting against the coil! Not fun when that happens at 86mph in the outside lane of the motorway:eek: It's a known common problem - you just need to shield the lead that's all and it'll be OK.;)

Have fun - a friend of mine described mine as great - a wheel on every corner, and it was the best thing to drive in snow - stuck like glue:D

Spend some money here Kent Auto Developments they've got some lovely stuff to make you mini go and stop better than you would ever expect.....

Lotusmark2 is an expert on mini engines.
I have got an A series engine in a dune buggy I'm building and he recomended an alternative oil pick-up pipe for when you hammer it round corners on 2 wheels:eek:

Original Mini's are F A B Virgil!

I had a 71 1000 with a 1275 GT engine in, LCB exhaust and rear cherry bomb and half roll cage. It went round roundabouts like a go kart :eek: and handbrake turned (eh hummm :rolleyes: ) in it's own length :bannana:

It was enormous fun right up until the rear subframe rotted out and it failed the MOT.

I recommend you attend a Mini in the Park event. Normally in oxfordshire. You will join a convoy of minis going to the event whatever direction or time you arrive.

Start buying Mini World or similar and you will sell the mini quick reverting back to the C43 as your regular car as it drains less funds!!!

Last edited:
my mate had a mini with an MG metro turbo engine... now that car scared the hell outta me!

fantastic !!! Love it.

The retro number plates are the bees knees :)

Tidy condition Mini Sahun.

When I were a Lad we all drove Minis and ate 'ovis.. My first car was a 1275GT. Mates had 1000s, 850s, and some very modded cars.

Try a 1300 mated to a 850 gearbox, accelleration was excellent, one was bored, cammed, flowed and fully tuned. It was difficult to stop it spinning up in 3rd gear.:D :D

Pammy has said about covering the HT leads, do it or you will be stranded. The other faults with minis are rust of the floorpan and subframe, oil leaks and timing chain wear.

The wheels are later OEM alloys, I quite like the grille colour, though not sure about the fake John Cooper signatures. Mini drivers get very touchy about "Coopers".

Having a great time with it so far :D Running as well as I would like. I think I a more untrusting of it than I prob should be. I guess expect the worst and I wont be dissapointed.

Far too many Mini forums out there to choose from I have gone with a local one and one with good replies to technical posts.

Got the Haynes Manual. :D Could probably do with sorting out a new socket set as well.

The drum brakes all round are a little :eek: before I got used to them. Good feedback about it from the mini forums I have posted on so far. That I am pleased about as because it had been up on ebay I had visions of joining and people slating it. Again thinking the worst.

Engine suprised me for only an 850.

I would rather spend money on parts than the petrol using the C43 to work. I will get to enjoy that 2 - 3 times a week on longer runs :devil:

Last edited:
pammy said:
I
It's a cute little car. I used to have one of those - watch for the HT lead getting wet and shorting against the coil! Not fun when that happens at 86mph in the outside lane of the motorway:eek: It's a known common problem - you just need to shield the lead that's all and it'll be OK.;)

Will it go that quick :eek: Dont intend to be doing that on the outside lane of a motorway :p Thats what the AMG is for :devil:

Although I will be taking your advice and checking that out.

Thanks

Spent many a tuesday evening in a friends mini as a teenager cruising about - sense of speed is huge - though really you don't go too fast at all. I remember going to a mini cruise in Eastboune and a guy had a Rover 3.5V8 mounted in the back :crazy:

Slighty OT - do all new minis have that really annoying power steering whine?

stats007 said:
Slighty OT - do all new minis have that really annoying power steering whine?

Yes its because its electrically assisted. The electric servos :( Only thing I dislike about my New Mini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom