Those Little Touches of (S)Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
I have driven many cars with the air recirculate button for when your sat behind a smokey bus or driving past a sewage works. And not one of them was of any use whatsoever. Push the button and basically nothing changes. The stench of diesel or raw sewage persists and in most cases, even gets worse.

Tonight I was stuck at the lights behind 3 buses and a Hackney cab, all of which where churning out clouds of acrid smelling fumes that literally made my eyes water. So I pressed the recirculate button not expecting it to do anything in all honesty
How seriously impressed was I when within 30 seconds the system had filtered the stench out and I was breathing nice fresh smelling air:thumb:

This car really does have a fantastic heating/cooling system. I especially like the fresh air vent down to the right of the steering wheel which is great for keeping ones nads cool :D

I especially like the fresh air vent down to the right of the steering wheel which is great for keeping ones nads cool :D

So do I...Oh, hang on, that's on my old Citroens, not the Merc...:doh: :D

Recirc. works on my car, especially well with the carbon filters.

I had a 16 RS. Great fun. Loved the self adjusting brakes.

i actually owned 4 :crazy::crazy: 14e, tgs, meteor and a turbo diesel

Hi,
I hope you realise how clever they really are. If you have any windows open and keep your finger pressing on the recirc button the windows will close before the recirc begins, at least it does on my e class. Also with the SL we have, if you enter a tunnel say with a high level of fumes it will sense this and automatically turn on the recirculation mode, obviously not with the top down, you just have to cough!
Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom