Those webuyanycar.com Web sites - do they?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

manalishi

Prompted by a banner ad that just appeared at A N Other Mercedes forum... Supposedly the www.webuyanycar.com web site buys cars in to retail at the giant car supermarkets. Having an '03 Civic to sell, I just tried the Web site and got a valuation of £3160 - acceptable to me if only to avoid the usual Ebay/etc time wasters.

BUT (putting my cynical hat back on)... do they really buy at/around that price? Or is that the bait to get me to go along and then low-ball me? In the on-line form, I did put in the car's only downside - a single and tiny parking ding, so there'd be nothing to use as a reason to low-ball.

Genuinely curious to hear what you guys think

My only experience has been a friend trying to sell a 330i to them, and they did drop the price once there.

However (and make your own judgement on this) the person did say that they'd have probably given him more money for a similar 318i because it falls within their normal range of stock. By this time my friend had already turned down their offer so I see no reason why he would be telling porkies.

If they have a local establishment, go along and see, would be interesting to find out!

dont drive too far. Unless your car is absolutely and completely spotless and without fault then they will find a reason to knock off [another] few hundred quid from an already low price.

TBH if you added a few hundred quid to their price and put your car on autotrader with that price and "no offers or timewasters" then it will probably sell very quickly.

They bought my car at the same price as the online valuation. They do give the vehicle a thorough check-over though ... if you have undeclared damage etc. (even minor) then they will spot it and undoubtedly the value will be adjusted.

Thanks, folks. I understand their business model, and know that it's all about the on-site inspection and 'nit-picking'.

They bought my car at the same price as the online valuation. They do give the vehicle a thorough check-over though ...

Thanks - out of interest, what car and age was it? Seems they offer close to valuation for in-demand cars (meaning small hatchbacks). If they were closer, I'd definitely try it.

Thanks, folks. I understand their business model, and know that it's all about the on-site inspection and 'nit-picking'.

Thanks - out of interest, what car and age was it? Seems they offer close to valuation for in-demand cars (meaning small hatchbacks). If they were closer, I'd definitely try it.

I tried several of these companies when disposing of my last car.
I thought their web based quote was very low so went with an advert on pistonheads and shifted it within a week for 2.5x the web quote.
For me that was the right route to take but a friend used them for a more mainstream model and was very happy. The buyer collected and paid exactly the price originaly quoted, so quick and painless.

I think it all depends on how much hassle it becomes compared to other methods and if your happy with the price they have quoted you.

They do lower the price once arriving...

Guys if anyone wants to sell their Mercedes, do give me a shout!

It was a 5 year old VW Sharan. 1 owner, low mileage, FVWSH, but the dealers wouldn't touch it because it was a 2.8 V6 4Motion. They only wanted 1.9 TDis.

I have just checked their price for my car :eek::eek:

If anyone wants to sell their car at their quoted price pls PM me!!!:)

I have been
PHP:
looking as well. Are they related to carcraft buy any chance?
their pictures resemble carcraft at gillmoss near kirkby.
best to steer clear

They do lower the price once arriving...

Guys if anyone wants to sell their Mercedes, do give me a shout!

I'll buy most W210 and W140 if that's of any help, as long as Jaymanek doesn't mind, it looks like you're involved with Classic Mercs from your sig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom