Thought EIS but not?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Che320

Car
Mercedes
I had a problem last Saturday. Had left the car for 5 days without use. Went to drive home, car started fine. Next morning car started fine. stopped for 1 hour and nothing!

Unlock/Lock/Boot opener worked fine on both remotes. Put key in ignition no click of recognition, tried to start her and nothing! Tried both keys and the same outcome.

Attached battery pack to jump points under the bonnet, nothing.

Had the AA he did a battery check and re-checked the fuses after I had, all looked fine. He could not get it to start.

Flat bed truck came along, and it went onto the back. At this point I thought the steering was locked as had parked it on full left hand down but as we pushed it back steering was not locked.

Dropped it off at Mercedes, they thought at first EIS as I had thought having read numerous posts on different Merc forums.
Have just had a call from Merc saying that battery was at 1 Volt and new battery had worked. They will replace battery and run fault diagnosis again.

Would it have made a difference to attach battery jump pack to car battery rather than points in engine bay?

Just seems odd that Battery checked out okay with AA and now with Merc saying it was dead.

Btw, car is 2008 C-Class 320CDI which thankfully came with a years warranty. I bought it begining of March this year and have already put 3500 miles on it trouble free.

The car is working for now but who knows for how long.
Very strange

Any feedback welcome
Thanks

Electronic steering lock has failed

So would the disconnect and reconnect of the battery have temporarily fixed this as that is all that Mercedes did and they found no fault codes on the Star machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom