Thought I had wasted money on tyre insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gh3382

Car
ML350 4Matic
When taking the car in to MB dealer for a fault they did a health check and said the nearside front had sidewall damage (more good driving form the wife) and needed replacing.

I rang the insurance and told them and that it had alloy damage as well on both sides. they told me to get the tyre done and alloys at their nominated contractor and they invoice them direct

Excellent job been done and the bill been settled direct by the insurance company. alloys were £90 each and tyre £140 so more than had my money back with 2 years 4 months left on the policy.

gh3382

When taking the car in to MB dealer for a fault they did a health check and said the nearside front had sidewall damage (more good driving form the wife) and needed replacing.

I rang the insurance and told them and that it had alloy damage as well on both sides. they told me to get the tyre done and alloys at their nominated contractor and they invoice them direct

Excellent job been done and the bill been settled direct by the insurance company. alloys were £90 each and tyre £140 so more than had my money back with 2 years 4 months left on the policy.

gh3382

Any policy details please?

I will sort the contacts out and post here later m8

GH3382

That's a good result, when we got the Mini the dealer threw this in actually after we agreed the deal (a nice gesture). We've had to claim a few times, once was me and the service and efficiency was great. It offers upto 10 wheel refurbs or £150 towards a new wheel (that's not so good) but I am sure we will get through the 10 refurbs within 3 years!!!

The wheels are painted silver so are easy to paint, not sure how they would refurb a polished wheel 10 times though, even though they are covered.

S

You can't have an insurance policy where EVERYONE eventually get their money back..

Here is some details on the insurance.

Mishap insurance covers the cost of repairs as a result of accidental damage to alloy wheels, mis-fuelling and loss/theft of keys. Our cover is highly affordable making it a straightforward purchase for the customer.

For more information contact us on 0845 6838795 or email [email protected]

The insurance we had specified Tyre and alloy cover against accident and vandalism.

gh3382

Sorry duplicated the reply.

gh3382

That's a good result, when we got the Mini the dealer threw this in actually after we agreed the deal (a nice gesture). We've had to claim a few times, once was me and the service and efficiency was great. It offers upto 10 wheel refurbs or £150 towards a new wheel (that's not so good) but I am sure we will get through the 10 refurbs within 3 years!!!

S

Very good, I was offered 4 refurbs over 2 years for £250 when I got the c63, said no, and scraped all 4 wheels within a week....

Here is details offered by my dealer, seems pretty good offer, any thoughts? I am really careful but you never know! Does it include punctures?
Tyre and alloy insurance – replaces 5 tyres and 10 wheel refurbishments for accidental or malicious damage – Pays up to £250 per tyre and £100 per wheel refurbishment – 24 or 36 month policy available – one off payment – Normal Price for 36 months = £599 offer reduced to £499 for 36 months

Here is details offered by my dealer, seems pretty good offer, any thoughts?

My new e220

£325 for 3yrs. 10 refurbs/5 tyre claims permitted. Tyres includes wall damage or puncture repair/replacement.

18" rims and associated tyres.

Press them hard. My dealer is MB Giffnock, Glasgow. Policy by Stratstone (Pendragon)

Thanks for info, don't know if they just hike up the price as I am getting an AMG?Never really been one for warranty, insurances etc as always feels like a rip off

Might be worth haggling though as I'm sure something will happen if I keep it for 3 years and £325 sounds reasonable...

jasemc678 said:
Here is details offered by my dealer, seems pretty good offer, any thoughts? I am really careful but you never know! Does it include punctures?
Tyre and alloy insurance – replaces 5 tyres and 10 wheel refurbishments for accidental or malicious damage – Pays up to £250 per tyre and £100 per wheel refurbishment – 24 or 36 month policy available – one off payment – Normal Price for 36 months = £599 offer reduced to £499 for 36 months

I just got 3 years £299. Haggling can be done that's £260 and £150 wheel refurb

bob mushroom said:
I just got 3 years £299. Haggling can be done that's £260 and £150 wheel refurb

Does it include punctures do we know?

I suppose that is accidental but wasn't sure if it was excluded...

It offers upto 10 wheel refurbs or £150 towards a new wheel (that's not so good) but I am sure we will get through the 10 refurbs within 3 years!!!

Seriously - you'd get through 10 refurbs in 3yrs? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom