Thought on the new Ford Capri

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What a missed opportunity. Looks like a Mondeo coupe with a bodykit to me.

I like it.

I like it a lot.

I like it too. Nothing like my old 1970 GT2000 but ........

If it built like the new Mondeo it will be another winner.

the old one was amazing, i loved it it reminded me of a Ferrari when i was younger

The front end looks pure Mondeo. I would have liked to have seen something fresh.

Looks pants! I suspect modern regulations might have something to do with it. Personally, I think the bonnet needed to be longer and lower.

i will keep my Capri 280 ( brookland) thank you unless prices go haywire for the original ones

Destined to be another Probe or Cougar.

That's not to say I don't like it. I think it looks great.

Now I want to see a replacement for the Puma - a real Ford pocket rocket.

Suppose after all these years it would look a lot different to the original. Looks ok but you wouldn't look at it cold and say that's a Capri.

I like the idea and guess that plenty of older blokes would consider one to relive their youth, I would.

However, I suspect that it will be too small, one of the photos makes it look like a Scirocco which would be a shame as the original wasn't a little car.

My Dad had two, one in 1975 and another in 1982. He hated the second one which suited me as I had not long passed my test and he would lend it to me whenever I wanted and it was usually full of fuel too, happy days!

Looks great, a bit different to the old one, had two of the ones from the past.

Ford appear to have forgotten that a Capri is supposed to look differently from that that donated its underpinnings.

One someone else did earlier..

redesigners-feature-005.jpg

And the background to it

Ford Capri, Austin-Healey 100 and Lotus Elise S1 - car designers reimagine the motoring classics | Autocar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom