Thought on this W124 Ducktail Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanMorgan

Car
R129 500SL, W124 300CE Twin Turbo, W210 E55 AMG, W211 E320 CDI Sport
I'm finding it very hard to source a ducktail spoiler in the UK, so I had a look to see what the germans had for offer.

This guy said he will do 210 euros shipped, what are your thoughts?

Spoiler AMG W124 Coupe/Cabrio Neuuu | eBay

It would not work for me. Dont like the "branded" AMG logo.

They are getting harder to find, if its what you really want - do it. (Really would be in italics if I could do that)

It would not work for me. Dont like the "branded" AMG logo.

They are getting harder to find, if its what you really want - do it. (Really would be in italics if I could do that)

I agree with the branding, its just that ive finally found one and now is the chance. Think I may wait for one in the UK though, because if there is a problem with the fit, its a pain to send back to Germany.

Such a spoiler really isn't necessary and doesn't belong anywhere near a 230CE or 300CE W124.

Save yourself 210 Euros.

Such a spoiler really isn't necessary and doesn't belong anywhere near a 230CE or 300CE W124.

Save yourself 210 Euros.

I know what you mean, but im currently doing a big 300CE project, where I want a full AMG bumpers, sideskirts and without the spoiler, I feel that it would be missing something

Price inc delivery sounds reasonable to me but the seller has very low feedback.

I think on a fully AMG bodykitted CE the spoiler is a must, go for it!

in my opinion, if GEN 1 kit then ducktail if gen II then no ducktail.

Price inc delivery sounds reasonable to me but the seller has very low feedback.

I think on a fully AMG bodykitted CE the spoiler is a must, go for it!

ForumRunner_20141028_221642.jpg

Duck tail all the way.

DanMorgan said:
I'm finding it very hard to source a ducktail spoiler in the UK, so I had a look to see what the germans had for offer. This guy said he will do 210 euros shipped, what are your thoughts? Spoiler AMG W124 Coupe/Cabrio Neuuu | eBay
they look cool if you going to fit the amg bumpers and skirts,that's the way forward.
Buy it make yourself happy don't bother with what the others say.:thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

just to note, the one for sale is an early ducktail with the AMG markings. the 'newer' ones dont have this as the pic above.

just to note, the one for sale is an early ducktail with the AMG markings. the 'newer' ones dont have this as the pic above.

Is that the only difference? Is the picture above early or late bumpers?

Yep that's the only difference, you will also notice the AMG lettering is of the earlier style too.

The pic above is a GEN II rear bumper so late version. I know the advert states the ducktail is for the two door 124's but just make sure it is as the saloon is different.

if you are really bothered about the AMG stamp just get it filled in when painting it and job done.

Yep that's the only difference, you will also notice the AMG lettering is of the earlier style too.

The pic above is a GEN II rear bumper so late version. I know the advert states the ducktail is for the two door 124's but just make sure it is as the saloon is different.

if you are really bothered about the AMG stamp just get it filled in when painting it and job done.

Dan - fyi genuine parts should be stamped. See below picture of the corner bits from my ducktail. The body shop fitted everything and bonded on the ducktail.

ForumRunner_20141029_173140.jpg

I also had my grill painted...

ForumRunner_20141029_173208.jpg

When the car comes out of storage in April 2016 it will be getting a full respray.

Just a quick note as well, MB recommend bolting/screwing the ends of the middle section to the boot lid on the Gen1 ducktail with the moulded AMG logo as there is a bit of spring in the panel whereas for the Gen2 as per s2oty's picture it only needs bonding as they took the spring out of the panel. I guess MB must have started to have an input into the manufacturing standards due to the tie up between themselves and AMG.
If you def don't want to have to drill holes stick to the later non AMG embossed Gen2 one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom