Thought Provoking...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Burger

Car
2007 SL (R230)
Our cat died last week. She was nearly 17 years old so not a bad innings but my wife was understandably upset. There are no words that can bring a loss back but there are some that hopefully make it easier.

Anyway, I was chatting to my Dad and he mentioned something he'd read recently...

"A human being is the only animal that lives knowing it will die".

I just found that a thought provoking statement.

Probably true, but how would anyone know?!

Our cat died last week. She was nearly 17 years old so not a bad innings but my wife was understandably upset. There are no words that can bring a loss back but there are some that hopefully make it easier.

Anyway, I was chatting to my Dad and he mentioned something he'd read recently...

"A human being is the only animal that lives knowing it will die".

I just found that a thought provoking statement.

Sorry to hear about your cat, Dave. Ironically, I just started a thread on how to keep local cats out of my lawn! :doh:

Or is it -- "A human is the only animal not expecting to be eaten?"

Probably true, but how would anyone know?!

Good question and similar to one I often wonder... Just how can an animal psychologist know what they're doing? :)

I suspect on the balance of intelligence and communication capabilities however that the statement is highly likely to be correct.

Sorry to hear about your cat, Dave. Ironically, I just started a thread on how to keep local cats out of my lawn! :doh:

No worries. I saw the thread and am not in the slightest bothered. Neighbours cats can be a problem whether you're a cat lover or not.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom