Thoughts after 7k+

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telebass

Car
S204 C220CDI 2009
OK, so my S211 AG has carried me about since February 8th.
Problems:
Clock is awry.
One headlamp doesn't function properly.
Rear wash pipe broken somewhere at the back. If I park facing up a slope, all the washer fluid disappears onto the ground under the back.
Passenger mirror indicator (Fixed).

Fuel consumption: let the meter have its head for the last 2500 miles. Overall average 37.1MPG. Happy with that.

Service D to come in a couple of thousand miles. Is that a biggie?

Overall? Brilliant.

If memory serves me right the washer pipe will have disconnected under the rear passenger seat, drivers side. If I'm wrong there'll be someone around shortly to correct me

It's an estate in this case, so the pipe likes to separate just behind the trim panel on the right (stbd) side ahead of the rearmost luggage compartment panel which unclips. This means you have to unclip the panel made for easy removal and then unscrew (IIRC) the one just ahead of it. Separation of the pipe usually induced by ice during sub zero temperatures. Happened to me twice. I believe there is some delicate electrickery under there so fix it PDQ. Goodness knows which Einstein chose that particular routing.

My analogue clock stopped - it was the main battery causing it. Is yours in good working order?

OK, so my S211 AG has carried me about since February 8th.
Problems:
Clock is awry.
One headlamp doesn't function properly.
Rear wash pipe broken somewhere at the back. If I park facing up a slope, all the washer fluid disappears onto the ground under the back.
Passenger mirror indicator (Fixed).

Fuel consumption: let the meter have its head for the last 2500 miles. Overall average 37.1MPG. Happy with that.

Service D to come in a couple of thousand miles. Is that a biggie?

Overall? Brilliant.

Is your fuel consumption as quoted on the OBC...or by dividing the actual miles by the actual number of gallons purchased? There will be a difference.

Appreciate there will be a difference, but it seems prettya ccurate so far.
Battery: seems OK, and the aux is too. I have a spare main - I might try a swap and see what happens. the clock does move, but says nothing sensible.
Will dive in to the rear panels as soon as I can!
Need also to check out the headlamp and its washer, as they'll both be MOT failures now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom