Thoughts/Comments on this E63s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I prefer the first advert with the 0-60 time being quoted...
Fixed that for you
'I think I prefer the first advert with the 0-60 time being quoted wrong'

Absolutely lovely cars the new e63's. My only concern over the ownership of the new e63 cars is the steering full lock issue when reversing or driving forward....something they all do apparently. Apart from that they are formidable weapons :) Great choice

Steering issue? Elaborate please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still my only gripe with my E63 is the ride quality on broken/poor roads.

Just been up in the West of Scotland and jesus, it was brittle to say the least!

Is he talking about driving or car or leaving an all night rave at 6 AM?
NO
thats how i am feeling after seeing RT23's last post :)
Still my only gripe with my E63 is the ride quality on broken/poor roads.

Just been up in the West of Scotland and jesus, it was brittle to say the least!
Whats ys spec dude?

Although I bought my only AMG with bugger all options.

The noise and performance are intoxicating and I never gave them a second thought.

I do understand wanting them on the car like this as well though.
Whats your Spec John?

NO
thats how i am feeling after seeing RT23's last post :)

Whats ys spec dude?

Hi, what specs do you mean?

I have a 2018/19 E63S Estate, Grey Magno, 20” Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres, stock at present.

Oh man - The edition 1 is simply a dream and i wasn't aware that it came in Selenite Magno - Now I am salivating!!!!!!
I had my Selenite Grey Magno Ed 1 at Malory Park. W213 Ed 1 came in 2 colours, Night Black Magno and Selenite Grey Magno.

Not a big deal anyway as they still use the same old speakers that were in the HK system previously - Burmester just did the tuning where their name is used.

Sadly the standard speakers are really crappy, and the Burmeister speakers are significantly lower quality than the HK system - they are paper cone, low-quality magnet speakers. The old HK ones were some sort of composite cone and much better constructed.
There is a Burmeister Plus option (not always available in UK) which is good. The standard system has 3.5" components in the doors and one (not two) smallish woofer in the passenger footwell.

We spend loads of time replacing the standard system, and quite a lot of time upgrading the standard Burmeister system in customer cars (the latter is ££ as you have to keep take the outputs of Burmeister and re-create a flat signal)

R

Thanks Richard
I’ve never been tempted with any car because of the sound system. Just me, and it’s not an important factor. That said, I tend to drive without the sounds on as I love the roar and pops and cracks from my exhaust. That’s always been my “stereo” and even more so with my CLS. I had a GTR a few years back, and trust me that had a pretty shitty system in it, even by my standards, but again, the exhaust note and sound of the car in general outweighed that as well. If I go for this and a car with Burmester comes up then fine. If not, provided it’s got the other “wants” that’s what’s important for me personally

Appreciate your input my man!

Hi Guys
Well, I am just back from the test drive. The car was a 2018 model with 3k miles. Had the comfort seats, which I must say I was actually very happy with, as I much prefer the look of the performance seats, but the comfort and support were excellent. OK, it drove well, very well and TQ was immense. I think I've gotten used to the insane sound on my CLS as it was a little non-eventful with regards to the pops and cracks. The thing I was massively impressed with was the ride. I know a few have said its harsh, and Slugsy is unhappy with his lack of comfort, but i was impressed. The car had P-Zeros, and even on twisty lanes, over cats eyes, and a mix of different road surfaces I was mightly amazed at how it felt on the 20in rims. I guess having had performance cars in the past with 20s and low profile tyres, I'm used to things being a little harsh, but this ride wouldn't put me off. The car had the usual full spec, and I really loved the pano roof. Didn't realize it had a blackout screen as well, which was excellent. Overall a very good test drive which lasted around 45 minutes. Do i want one YES, do i want one now NO. Once i got back in my CLS i immediately felt at home, which i wasn't expecting after driving a car with such magical technology, and an engine that is SO responsive and revs so quickly. I love the E63s and i am sure it will be my next car but decided to hold on to the CLS. I actually felt a little sorry for him, as its a fab car, and i think he did his utmost on the drive home to sing to me in a way that made me want to keep him. So for now its business as usual, but was a valuable exercise for the future :)

You've only just ploughed a ton of money into the CLS which you wouldn't see back on a sale so it makes sense to at least enjoy the fruits of your labour for a while longer and let others take more of the heavy depreciation on the E63.

You've only just ploughed a ton of money into the CLS which you wouldn't see back on a sale so it makes sense to at least enjoy the fruits of your labour for a while longer and let others take more of the heavy depreciation on the E63.
Wise words Steve and i totally agree mate -

Hi Guys
Well, I am just back from the test drive. The car was a 2018 model with 3k miles. Had the comfort seats, which I must say I was actually very happy with, as I much prefer the look of the performance seats, but the comfort and support were excellent. OK, it drove well, very well and TQ was immense. I think I've gotten used to the insane sound on my CLS as it was a little non-eventful with regards to the pops and cracks. The thing I was massively impressed with was the ride. I know a few have said its harsh, and Slugsy is unhappy with his lack of comfort, but i was impressed. The car had P-Zeros, and even on twisty lanes, over cats eyes, and a mix of different road surfaces I was mightly amazed at how it felt on the 20in rims. I guess having had performance cars in the past with 20s and low profile tyres, I'm used to things being a little harsh, but this ride wouldn't put me off. The car had the usual full spec, and I really loved the pano roof. Didn't realize it had a blackout screen as well, which was excellent. Overall a very good test drive which lasted around 45 minutes. Do i want one YES, do i want one now NO. Once i got back in my CLS i immediately felt at home, which i wasn't expecting after driving a car with such magical technology, and an engine that is SO responsive and revs so quickly. I love the E63s and i am sure it will be my next car but decided to hold on to the CLS. I actually felt a little sorry for him, as its a fab car, and i think he did his utmost on the drive home to sing to me in a way that made me want to keep him. So for now its business as usual, but was a valuable exercise for the future :)

Great feedback, glad you enjoyed it! It’s good to get others views and I’ll certainly think about what you have said. It’s my first MB though not first performance car but admittedly I’m coming from a narrow range of experience so appreciate your views.

Just had this come in.....apart from colour it’s just my spec. But of course I’m not looking to change the CLS am I [emoji849]

back to top icon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom