Thoughts on 1990 W126 420SEL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In 1990 the 420SEL COST £40,390 INC VAT list price
VELOUR upolstery was £1147.88 extra compared to AMARETTA [ suede like- modern equivalent alcantara] @£1364.98 to MB Tex @£154.13 --------- SOFT LEATHER evidently not an option on the 420.

The MB is going to be a darn sight easier to run and maintain [ a daily driver even] compared to the Roller but they are asking all the money for a car in a non metallic finish [ undertaker black? ] -- at least at 1990 its a solvent based paint.

^
I knew you'd come up trumps!

I don't know how you find your info. Fantastic.

Beautiful car. Always loved the 126. As a 7 year old in the early 80s I was lucky enough to he sent to private school for a few years and this was a popular choice amongst the Dads of my friends. My old man had a 123 at the time but I always loved the 126. Buy it!!

One of the last over-engineered. Great looking car (although some Rollers do look amazing) and probably a gulf apart from the Roller in terms of reliability.

Best colour for my money...

If it's truly mint and not just what you can see but completely free from any rust underneath then the price isn't that bad on the assumption there is no money at all needs spending on it. Bringing a lesser W126 up that condition wouldn't be cheap. Fabulous car that deserves to be preserved in that condition.

Wow! Bet it will be a great drive and you get a free hat as well

I'd wear that just for a laugh :)

Just checking the specs and it's mahoosive, about 18inches longer than my E Cab.
Car not the hat!

Lovely looking machine. And you can rent it out for weddings and funerals to help pay the bills.

Lovely looking machine. And you can rent it out for weddings and funerals to help pay the bills.

Can I book it for my funeral ? Would look nice following the hearse!

Sure. When were you thinking of?

I'm on holiday 1st week in April.;):)

It will have to be after May 11 th as am booked for the Benz on the Green.
Can I let you know later ?

LovelY! shame no electric, memory or heated front seats though. I agree with the comment above stating they are very expensive to bring a lesser one up to scratch... I'm in the process of fully restoring one (near the end now though, before I start on a 190E 2.6).

That is stunning.

The company I worked for in the early-mid 90's had a fellah on the books who'd ferry me back home from Heathrow to London in a 126.

It was sublime to climb into it after a long haul flight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom