Thoughts on buying Euros now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Any economists in the house?

I have to pay 4,000 euros for a villa in June and wondered whether, in light of the current uncertainty, it would be better to secure the currency now? If I do that it mights cost say £3,500, but of the Euro falls to one for one, or worse, it will cost me £4,000 plus......

So, I guess the question is, if Greece goes t*ts up and come out of euro will the value of euros change downwards ....

Any thoughts?

M

Since you haven't been invited to the G8 conference BBC News - Eurozone to top agenda at G8 Camp David summit you will never know. My guess the Euro will continue to fall against the dollar due to "uncertainties in the market" and if there aren't any uncertainties the US credit agencies will soon manufacture some.:rolleyes: What the pound will do against the euro v dollar --who knows --- guess it depends how close we are standing when the "sh*t hits the fan" You can do the sums now and pay up or put the money on the favorite at Newbury and hope it comes in---- same sort of odds I reckon. ;)

Since you haven't been invited to the G8 conference BBC News - Eurozone to top agenda at G8 Camp David summit you will never know. My guess the Euro will continue to fall against the dollar due to "uncertainties in the market" and if there aren't any uncertainties the US credit agencies will soon manufacture some.:rolleyes: What the pound will do against the euro v dollar --who knows --- guess it depends how close we are standing when the "sh*t hits the fan" You can do the sums now and pay up or put the money on the favorite at Newbury and hope it comes in---- same sort of odds I reckon. ;)

and thats why i hate macro economics ..... can anyone honestly see the euro v pound being better for us though?

I think that the £ will continue to appreciate v the Euro but because we are so closely tied to its fate both will depreciate against the $...this is insane given the fact the USA is bankrupt but it is in keeping its status as the worlds reseve currency. If it were my money I would wait and pay at the last available opportunity.

When Greece (probably more to follow) is released from the Euro, it will strengthen IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom