Thoughts on car colour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Y15HAL

SUPPORTER
Car
R107 500SL, R129 SL500, W124 320CE, BMW 535i
I bought an SL towards the end of last year, and am looking into adding something else into the collection.....

I like the 123, and have seen a brown one for sale....

I never used to like the colour, but i quite like it now, and think it goes nice with the era of the car....

What are people's thoughts on this colour? Is it likely to cause issues if i were to sell in the future?

This is the colour in question......:dk:

1589212329497.png

Noooooo! Seriously, though, if you like it, go for it. Brown doesn't do it for me, but that's just my opinion.

Love the colour, as you say suits the era perfectly :D :thumb: :thumb:

I would never personally buy a brown car and suspect that some others will feel the same way, so IMO it could make it a bit more tricky to sell on in future. Green is a less contentious colour but even that can be a problem (apart from BRG on some sporting/classic British cars of course).

think its called Bornite metallic. I think it suits the perrieod

Absolutely love it, you are right in that it goes well with the era and now just looks so right.

I reckon it won’t be long before I start buying classic Merc’s and this colour would only be a positive.

Thanks for the input guys......More positive comments than negative 😜

I used the be the same before, was never a fan of the brown, but this brown, with beige interior goes so well, and as mentioned, i think it looks 'right' for the period.......I wouldn't buy a modern car in brown - no offence @Ceramicolive 😆

Just need to go through some details about it......and then try and figure out with the owner what can be done about this lockdown......Maybe pay a deposit for the time being so it can be held? 🤔

I used the be the same before, was never a fan of the brown, but this brown, with beige interior goes so well, and as mentioned, i think it looks 'right' for the period.......I wouldn't buy a modern car in brown - no offence @Ceramicolive 😆

Just need to go through some details about it......and then try and figure out with the owner what can be done about this lockdown......Maybe pay a deposit for the time being so it can be held? 🤔
Good for you. Do you feel like sharing the ad for the actual car you are buying so we can have a look?

Well-polished, with that beige interior it looks pretty good, and very 'period'. OTOH, this

is in Bornite too, and whatever its driving characteristics, it just looks plain and dowdy and dull.

Yes, I think the best thing would be if you

No offence taken :D , it actually looks a lot better in the flesh with the sun on it but it is one of those colours, you either get it or you don't!

Good luck with the W123 👍

Good for you. Do you feel like sharing the ad for the actual car you are buying so we can have a look?

I'd rather not post for now 😬

Well-polished, with that beige interior it looks pretty good, and very 'period'. OTOH, this

is in Bornite too, and whatever its driving characteristics, it just looks plain and dowdy and dull.

Yes, saw that one, and does look dull indeed, and the wheels don't help at all.....

I think this one is more like Manganese Brown....

I'd rather not post for now 😬

Yes, saw that one, and does look dull indeed, and the wheels don't help at all.....

I think this one is more like Manganese Brown....
No problem Y15HAL, look forward to maybe seing some pics once you have bought the car.

No problem Y15HAL, look forward to maybe seing some pics once you have bought the car.

IF i buy it :wallbash:

Waiting for the buyer to come back to me with more pics etc......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom