Thoughts on car colour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for replying to my input. I know only to well of the feelings of frustration when narrowly missing the one that go away...........The advert reads well & on initial advert assessment the seller seemed to be making the right noises BUT it is not uncommon for some wise sellers to make the right noises when there are other issues going on.

I am NOT suggesting that this car had hidden or lurking issues BUT in my experience few traders will miss opportunities to easily make far more money, (unless they genuinely don't have the time or funds to sort).

I don't know enough about W123 models to comment with any credibility on common issues, (I have no idea if rust to outer fronts is often indicative of issues with inner wings or adjacent metal).

My approach as a buyer would have been similar to yours.....wanting to know more about corrosion.

Genuine enthusiast classic owner/sellers will generally know their cars inside out what may be around the corner spend wise....arguably more so if wise & in the trade.

Sure there are used classics that can double their sale price on back of a relatively small spend...but that doesn't mean the that only addressing the disclosed issues is enough to get it cost effectively sorted as a long term keeper.

Lots to be said for buying a photo restoration car completed by someone of credibility.......however I accept these can command steeper money.

If it was a private sale with fuller seller engagement & disclosure then I might be more upset.

Don't kick yourself too hard..........Lockdown made it tricky. I would have asked similar q's and probably lost it too.

Stopped at the services on the M6 toll couple of summers ago in the E63. While waiting for wife and kids to come out, a brown W123 pulls up next to me a lovely 230E.

My dad had a yellow one back in 83. Guy was excited to hear the 63 start and look at the engine. I told him how much I missed my dad seeing his immaculate 230E. Really made my day.

Lovely car, buy the right one.

An all blue interior looks a lot more homogeneous. The combination of dark dash and the rest in light tan/brown looks too 'bitty' IMO. Not with a brown exterior though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom