Thoughts on the E Class coupe...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Iv had my pre facelift E350 Cdi Sport coupe since June 2017. I bought it from a main dealer as an approved used car. It's a very clean car as you can imagine in metallic white paintwork with the black panoramic roof. It's got all the bells and whistles and performance is pretty decent as well especially when the car is upto temperature.

However, after 7 months of ownership I'm quite disappointed with it. It leaves me feeling a bit cold and it doesn't have that 'special' feel to it that puts a smile on your face. I actually think I preferred my previous CLK 320 CDi Sport. It was much more comfortable and performance was pretty much the same.

Also I'm still not totally convinced by the looks of it. I think the saloon looks smarter as does the convertible. My previous CLK and the C55 before that had more comments than I get with the E Class.

Mines the pre facelift model on a 61 plate. Do any other E Class coupe owners think the same? I'm looking to sell but I'll lose too much money on it I feel so looks like I'm stuck with it for at least another year...
I have the older 350 coupe like yours, and yes I know what you mean, I was the same after a few months, but I made a couple of small mods and love it again now, I’ve had it remapped, small boot spoiler, bought some eibach lowering springs, and about to dechrome the window surrounds. I’ve owned it over 3 years, and was going to buy a 640, but now think I want the e400 coupe. I think they look really smart still.

Hmmm, will have to look at mine as that looks okay.....

I have the A207 convertible. Looks nice enough, but as the OP says, its characterless and a bit bland. Not much choice out there for decent sized 4 seater convertibles unfortunately. Looked at the A5 but felt like you sat on it not in it, Saab 9-3's had gone out of production, the Volvo just looks horrible, the rest just didn't have rear leg room for a teenager to use.

Don't dislike it enough to change it, its nice enough to drive, just boring. Could be worse, could have a fixed roof.

I have the A207 as seen in my Avatar. It is by far the car that has generated the most comments that Ive owned. Granted I have changed a couple of things. But in my opinion it is the best looking four seat rag top for its age. (2011 in mines case). As for the remapped 265 bhp engine stonking.

In fairness I think the pre facelift convertible in white looks really smart...much nicer than the coupe.

Mine is the 265bhp model and performance is pretty decent. But I can’t get away from the fact I find it very boring...it’s just cold and bland in my opinion. I don’t think the ride is all that wonderful and it’s nowhere near as comfortable as my CLK Sport was.

After paying just short of £15k from a main dealer last summer, I know I’m going to take a big loss on it but I’m thinking I’m going to certainly move it on in March....

I must concede looks aside it is a pretty uninspiring drive. I came out of a C320 which seemed more lively. I drive a mile munching Vauxhall for work and find a throw this around more. Come summer time though it will all be forgotten for days out with the family with the hood down. I myself am considering a Jag XFR of a similar age as a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom