Thoughts on these wheels.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmartAmg

MB Club Veteran
Car
2011 E class coupe 350 cdi
My alloys really could do with refurb, obviously the cheapest option approximately £400 or go for a change. Thoughts on these wheels, 19" Borbet "A" in Bright Silver, shown on another car, but you get the idea. 🙂👍
20220130_093237.jpg

Wheels are so subjective. Brace yourself for the mixed opinions as the “obviously tuned” look tends not to be popular amongst MB owners.

Maybe a whiz with photoshop could superimpose them on to your car.

I knew a guy that used to have a set of Borbet A's on his car back in the 90's. They looked different to those.
Both look fine, whatever takes your fancy. It's your car.

My alloys really could do with refurb, obviously the cheapest option approximately £400 or go for a change. Thoughts on these wheels, 19" Borbet "A" in Bright Silver, shown on another car, but you get the idea. 🙂👍
View attachment 123245
They remind me of Azev A's. That's a really nice wheel but i think they're quite pricey. Simple is best i think with any aftermarket wheels and those look ok.

Regardless of whether I like the wheels or not, 19" wheels on UK roads ain't gonna last long imo.

Regardless of whether I like the wheels or not, 19" wheels on UK roads ain't gonna last long imo.
To be honest they've lasted very well, over 3 years, it was dozy me that Kerbed the fronts. :rolleyes: :(

To be honest they've lasted very well, over 3 years, it was dozy me that Kerbed the fronts. :rolleyes: :(
Same here, mine have been fine for last 2 1/2 years, just have to keep your eyes out for pot holes.

Aftermarket Borbets are substantially stronger than OEM Mercedes wheels. I had a set on my van and they took a proper pounding and never cracked unlike my £hite Merc wheels

Thumbs 👍 for me. Borbet make superb quality alloys, and the older style ‘A’s’ have always been one of my all time favourites.

Two previous C207 coupes and my current W205 all on 19" wheels and not a problem , happy with the ride as well. I think Borbet make wheels for MB anyway.

Is that because on the IOW you can only do 3mph buddy ;)
Unfortunately, although Island Roads are involved in renewing every road surface on the IOW, there’s still plenty of potential alloy killing potholes available for the unaware. 3mph is a bit ambitious methinks 😆😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom