Thoughts on this one......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just to close this one off, I have now bought an E350 Coupe. It's a 2012 model, it's basically the same as the one higher up in the tread. It has electronic dampers, factory 19" alloys, harmon kardon, memory seats, pan roof, etc, just about everything except keyless go really. Going to remove the crappy chrome side trim, then wrap the door and window surrounds satin black along with the boot trim, add the black front grill, rear carbon boot spoiler and door mirror covers, 19" E63 alloys and lower it by 20mm at the rear and 30mm at the front. A remap will also be on the cards at some point, after the transmission service.

View attachment 128700
Wow , very nice !

very nice but I prefer the chrome however I did remove the side strips off mine as well

Just to close this one off, I have now bought an E350 Coupe. It's a 2012 model, it's basically the same as the one higher up in the tread. It has electronic dampers, factory 19" alloys, harmon kardon, memory seats, pan roof, etc, just about everything except keyless go really. Going to remove the crappy chrome side trim, then wrap the door and window surrounds satin black along with the boot trim, add the black front grill, rear carbon boot spoiler and door mirror covers, 19" E63 alloys and lower it by 20mm at the rear and 30mm at the front. A remap will also be on the cards at some point, after the transmission service.

View attachment 128700
Congratulations. Looks great just as it is 👌🏻

As above like that as it is, but interested to see how looks when you've done that work.

Not lowered yet but getting there, new wheels on, crappy chrome strip removed, dechromed, black grill, carbon mirrors and rear spoiler. just need to lower it this weekend and put the big brake kit on, plus new drilled discs and pads on the rear.... Then I'm sure I'll think of something else to do....😂

Attachments

• IMG_0966 (2).JPEG
    IMG_0966 (2).JPEG
    449 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0963.jpg
    IMG_0963.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Removing the side chrome trim has a much bigger impact than I thought it would. Looks really good on yours, maybe because it is black. The silver wheels were 18? Interested to see how it feels on the 19s. My A207 has 19s on at the moment and the ride is poor. It has the sport suspension which will not be helping.

View attachment 128700
Great car... I have had mine nearly 12 years from new.. strong engine, great reliability.

Removing the side chrome trim has a much bigger impact than I thought it would. Looks really good on yours, maybe because it is black. The silver wheels were 18? Interested to see how it feels on the 19s. My A207 has 19s on at the moment and the ride is poor. It has the sport suspension which will not be helping.
No the silver wheels were 19"s, but I want the E63 style wheels. mine has the electronic dampers, when its in comfort mode it's a bit boat like, which is why I'm dropping it with the H&R springs.

With the sport suspension it is nice and low and has tremendous grip on smooth tarmac. Gets easily unsettled by a few bumps though.

No the silver wheels were 19"s, but I want the E63 style wheels. mine has the electronic dampers, when its in comfort mode it's a bit boat like, which is why I'm dropping it with the H&R springs.
If it wallows chances are they are worn, Mines an estate with a full Airmatic setup and in sport its not at all floaty, its very planted, when in comfort it can waft a bit but any hint of a quick steering input will stiffen it up instantly, not sure how the dampers work with steel springs but I would check the dampers first

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom