Thousands Of Cars Stolen Using Hi-Tech Gadgets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What car was it?

I'm talking modern cars without the blade style key used in the ignition...

My modern car without the blade style key used in the ignition ( S203 ) is a pain for me to start half the time - using the 'keys' .

Another reason I have gone back to a car that uses proper keys .

What car was it?

I'm talking modern cars without the blade style key used in the ignition...

My car was an 09 E320cdi Sport estate - disappeared in June 2012. Not a trace, except for a small amount of broken glass at nearside rear.

My car was an 09 E320cdi Sport estate - disappeared in June 2012. Not a trace, except for a small amount of broken glass at nearside rear.

Wow, well this must be a fairly fair occurrence, google "stolen mercedes without keys" and next to nothing comes up, change mercedes to BMW and thousands of results come up!

The well documented method used to clear London of its population of W123 and W124 cars for export in containers ( roll up with a flatbed truck and hoist the cars on using a 4 wheel lift , away in a couple of minutes ) will work regardless of the type of locks on a car , and most passers-by ignore alarms sounding .

These days , the thieves tend to dump the cars somewhere quiet to see if there's a tracker fitted , then come back for it after a suitable period .

If professional thieves want your cars , there is little you can do to stop them .

A nice bright yellow steering wheel lock should do the job ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom