Thread photo's not always displaying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Friends

I mainly view the forum on a MacBook pro running 10.8.3 and Firefox v21.0

Occasionally (more and more) I open a thread and any pictures within it appear as a link rather than a picture. If I place the cursor over the link it blinks but does no more. If I left click? Nothing happens. If I right click I can open the image in a new tab or page and it will open OK in a new tab or page.

But in other threads/posts. I open them and the pic is displayed without all the mouse clicking.

I also notice that on my i-phone I will see an empty box with no picture. If I click the picture I get "connection error" but other pictures in the post will display OK after the error.

Any ideas what is happening here? I have enabled pictures etc in Firefox.

Have a look in Firefox /tools / options there are settings there that prevent content from a different page/website being automatically accessed from the original page you are on. That should help open images automatically that are stored "off website" ---Be aware that this makes your computer slightly more vulnerable to hidden malware on said sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom