threads you've typed in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

syfaphonetic

Car
F355 Berlinetta
How do you keep track of threads you are conversing in? I like chattin with the guys in diff areas but cant always find where I have posted.....
guess that makes me a numnutts - but is there an easy way?

thanks

By going to the User Control Panel (User CP to the left of the top menu bar) you can see the threads you are currently subscribed to - which means you've posted on them, and you can follow from there.

Otherwise it's a case of remembering or waiting for someone to shout you and say - oy!!! :D :D Or you can ask for email notifications when replies have been posted following your response by going to the Addiotnal Options box below your message entry box.

Hope that makes sense :crazy:

Alternatively, make use of the "New Posts" link in the top nav bar, which only shows new replies to threads, and look out for the
thread_dot.gif
icon, which is shown when you have contributed to a thread (could be blue or red, depending on the total number of replies).

thank you...... one last question sorry to be a pain - but 007 gave me a point and i have nine points now? can i merit others for helping? does it do anything - is it good - or shouldnt i be feeling good right now ? lol

pammy said:
By going to the User Control Panel (User CP to the left of the top menu bar) you can see the threads you are currently subscribed to - which means you've posted on them, and you can follow from there.

When I do that, it says there are no subscribed threads... :confused:

syfaphonetic said:
one last question sorry to be a pain - but 007 gave me a point and i have nine points now? can i merit others for helping? does it do anything - is it good - or shouldnt i be feeling good right now

Aah... Rep.... Now thereby hangs a tale.... ;)

Yes it's good, and you can use it to personally approve (or disapprove) of individual posts by individual users. Click on the picture of the scales beneath a user's avatar. The more rep you have, the more points you give away each time (you can't control how many you give). The little green (or red, or grey) boxes below somebody's car details shows how much rep they have. There's a limit to how much you can dish out in a day, and you also have to share it about, so you can't keep giving rep to one person.

Don't abuse the system though... You're being watched :eek:

PJ

hmmm wicked - I love this forum :)

hopefully aTtending a meet and ill get to know a few peops too!

ta guys

syfaphonetic said:
How do you keep track of threads you are conversing in? I like chattin with the guys in diff areas but cant always find where I have posted.....
guess that makes me a numnutts - but is there an easy way?

thanks
Yet another easy way to follow your own postings is to view your Public Profile (slightly different from your user CP). To view your Public profile click on your own username. Then follow the link on the left marked "Find all posts by syfaphonetic"

:D So we can all follow your postings :p ;)

S.

cool thanx guys appreciate the help....... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom