Three Designo AMG's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting, as i saw a RHD clk55 designo for sale in the same colour combo not so long ago, but it was in abit of a state.

I hate the "got tobe the best out there" i mean really? he knows of the condition of all the other clk55's out there, on and off the market does he:rolleyes:

That CLS had to be ordered by a very angry man with all that red !

Love the clk though

Interesting, as i saw a RHD clk55 designo for sale in the same colour combo not so long ago, but it was in abit of a state.

I hate the "got tobe the best out there" i mean really? he knows of the condition of all the other clk55's out there, on and off the market does he:rolleyes:

Yes, such comments are frequent and always raise a smile!

CLK is nice, colour combo too, not sure on the other twp... extreme red and extreme blue !

Beautiful cars each in their own right, but as stunning as the CLS looks in that particular paintwork, the matching colour coded interior trim is hideous and would be a deal killer if I was wanting to buy it, irrespective of the price. I dare say it could be retrimmed of course.

Of the 3 interiors, the C43s feels more suited or more palatable of the 3. The CLK’s just looks like an after market custom job and is only slightly less hideous than the CLS’. I think that brown ish trim would look so much better if it was all matching , but even then it wouldn’t look right for that car.

I always feel lighter colours of trim especially in that colour at least, are better suited to something that looks more sumptuous and luxurious on the outside even in black. The CLK doesn’t scream luxury to me.

I’d of course have all 3 for free!

The CLS looks fabulous from the outside, but open the door and... No thanks.

C43 - nice exterior, nondescript interior. I gather it's a sort of faded purpley-grey colour from the pictures.

CLK - not my cup of tea either.

But then, what the feck do I know? I just bought the ML in this thread: ML500

Blue/blue and red/red is OTT colour coding.

C43 price is optimistic, if not hallucinatory

CLK interior would be perfect without the black bits on the seats.

I like the C43 colourway, both exterior and interior. Seems way overpriced tho imo.

I thought that too Gav. Am sure it was discussed on here! Wonder if it is the same one, just been refreshed to be 'flipped' perhaps?

Love the CLS in the same way I like the IWC CLS.....now sold

Also like the CLK colour combi......

I once owned a W208 CLK320 in designo PurPur metallic exterior, with a designo Purple Nappa interior leather, and designo Magic Eyes maple trim.

I haven't see another CLK in that combo yet.

I bought the car off the lot in December 1999. At that time, MB had just acquired AMG and they were for a period of time, producing several specially ordered vehicles.

My car came from factory with a lot of AMG goodies from the newly introduced CLK55 AMG

ccllkk.jpg pict0013[1].jpg pict0021[1].jpg pict0029[1].jpg

Like the CLK seat colour combo, really taken by that.....

The CLS is too much one tone, and the C43 is just too much (albeit a classic)
Good to see it's been used though (120k)

It's interesting that a CLK320 came with a 300 kilometer cluster with AMG logo.
Must have been a very special order/car?
This car did it have extra ponies in the engine?

Purple metallic was a really nice color and so were the staggered 18" rims

Do you have more pics of the entire car?

Wow what a colour, the seats dont do it for me but each to there own. Thats a very nice motor with a good stance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom