Three new jobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

portzy

MB Enthusiast
Car
An SLK R171 with lots of toys and a Golf Plus for fishing.
You might remember a couple of weeks ago? I mentioned that I'd tentatively started a speculative sideline to my 9to5 in the form of Corgi registered gas maintenance work. Well, after some local flyer drops work has started to come in.

A radiator change next Sunday morning; a gas fire service this coming Saturday morning; a gas fire, water heater, and a couple of wall heater services this coming Saturday afternoon.

I'm liking this, it feels good :) .

Portzy.

Well done,

Do you turn up in the SLK :)

Saying that I did have a builder turn up in his weekend car, an SL

Well done,

Do you turn up in the SLK :)

Saying that I did have a builder turn up in his weekend car, an SL

That would be interesting:D, no room for the tools though so its the A Class although this time next week it ought to be a shiny new black one.

Portzy.

You might remember a couple of weeks ago? I mentioned that I'd tentatively started a speculative sideline to my 9to5 in the form of Corgi registered gas maintenance work. Well, after some local flyer drops work has started to come in.

A radiator change next Sunday morning; a gas fire service this coming Saturday morning; a gas fire, water heater, and a couple of wall heater services this coming Saturday afternoon.

Portzy.

that is good news and is something I need to do around here, I need to print introduction letter and CV for selected companies to get some evening work, glad to see it may just work,

thanks,

Good luck to you. Shame you are so far, could have got you a couple of jobs around here!

that is good news and is something I need to do around here, I need to print introduction letter and CV for selected companies to get some evening work, glad to see it may just work,

thanks,

I must admit I had my doubts knowing the amount of stuff that comes through our letterboxes these days. I made a point of putting my flyers, or rather introduction letters, inside properly addressed envelopes and delivering them myself as I thought that would bring out a bit of curiosity, which it seems to have done, rather than the usual pizza type flimsys which are simply pushed through the door.

Portzy.

Nice one Dave - glad to hear it's going well. :rock:

I must admit I had my doubts knowing the amount of stuff that comes through our letterboxes these days. I made a point of putting my flyers, or rather introduction letters, inside properly addressed envelopes and delivering them myself as I thought that would bring out a bit of curiosity, which it seems to have done, rather than the usual pizza type flimsys which are simply pushed through the door.

Portzy.

ditto, thats exactly the same reservation I have, I suppose the cost of some well printed letters (not bashed through my cheap Canon) and envelopes pails into nothing when you see jobs rolling in from it, thanks for the push!!!

Corgi registered fitters round my way can almost name their own price.

Good luck - but you wont need it ! ! ! !

Any chance you could visit Altrincham? The boiler at my GF's house has packed up (just in time for winter...). I'd understand if it was too far for you! :)

Portzy.

I heard recently Corgi had lost the certifying for gas, is there going to be a requirement to retrain?

Any chance you could visit Altrincham? The boiler at my GF's house has packed up (just in time for winter...). I'd understand if it was too far for you! :)

Just a tad mate at the mo as I've got the next three weekends or so fully booked, sorry, wish I could have obliged:eek: .

Portzy.

I heard recently Corgi had lost the certifying for gas, is there going to be a requirement to retrain?

Yes, thats right, its been franchised to a company called Capita for the next five to seven years commencing April 2009. I/we will then be Capita registered gas engineers. Theres no need to retrain or retake any qualifications unless they have, or will, expire naturally.

Portzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom