Three problems driving me mad ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E270JP

Car
E270 CDI
Greetings people, hope you can help me with these three problems which are frustrating me as I just haven't had the time to get round to fixing them!

I thought I'd put in one post rather than three separate posts.

1 - On my 04 E270 the 'auto' lights do not switch off nor do they alter if you switch to a different setting. The dial moves but no setting changes.

2 - Somebody has smashed the lens on my nearside fog lamp (bottom light). The light still works but I'll need to replace the lens. Is it possible and if so is it a straightforward job?

3 - My reversing signal has stopped working. Where do I need to look to make it work again?

Many thanks in advance to all or part of my questions! If I should have posted in one category I apologise in advance.

Greetings people, hope you can help me with these three problems which are frustrating me as I just haven't had the time to get round to fixing them!

I thought I'd put in one post rather than three separate posts.

1 - On my 04 E270 the 'auto' lights do not switch off nor do they alter if you switch to a different setting. The dial moves but no setting changes.

2 - Somebody has smashed the lens on my nearside fog lamp (bottom light). The light still works but I'll need to replace the lens. Is it possible and if so is it a straightforward job?

3 - My reversing signal has stopped working. Where do I need to look to make it work again?

Many thanks in advance to all or part of my questions! If I should have posted in one category I apologise in advance.

1- The light sensor on the windscreen may be faulty or need re-calibrating. It is best to get the car connected to Star to run a diagnostic.

2- Not sure if the lens is avaialble separately, give your local MB dealer a call to see, if not then replacing the whole lamp is not difficult, probably easier on ramps to be able to get to the wiring plug and fixings. A breaker will probably have them at reasonable cost.

3- By reversing signal I asusme you mean the Park assist? Again a Star diagnostic is the quickest and most accurate way to track down faults here.

Goodl uck :)

Forgive my ignorance but what is Star and is it costly?

Forgive my ignorance but what is Star and is it costly?

No need to apologise!

Star is the MB diagnostic computer. Find a local MB independent, most charge between £20 -£50 for a full diagnostic scan, where are you based? :)

London, SE1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom