Throttle actuator control system stuck closed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrLCA

Car
2011 C250 CDI
Morning all.

Just wondering if anyone has any information on the following code?

P2112 - Throttle actuator control system stuck closed

It's on my 2011 C250 CDI

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lawrence.

Probably need to get it on STAR to investigate deeper. Are you looking to fix it yourself or do you need the recommendation of a local Indy? I am sure someone will be along soon with a recommendation.of who is good in your area.

Looking to fix it myself if I can.

Have run some egr cleaner through the inlet, reset the eml and taken it for a spirited drive and the light hasn't come back on yet.

Just wondering if anyone else has had that particular code?

Thanks,

Lawrence.

So its now 5 days later and the light hasn't come back on again. Maybe it was a loose connection?

1598427266096.png

Aaaaaand. It's back on again! This seems to have happend after it was remapped. Coincidental? Anyone else ever had this issue?

Have you asked the mappers for their opinion?
kc

Wiring to throttle body or throttle body itself !
The car drives perfectly for weeks with no EML on and then when it does come on it's still drives perfectly. Doesn't make any sense. Where abouts do I need to look if I have a poke about under the bonnet?

Didn't it store the fault code for the remappers diagnostics to see prior to remapping ?

Who did the map , figures quoted , or dyno before and after print outs ?

Thanks for your help so far guys.

The light didn't come on until about 3 weeks after the remap. There we no codes stored or pending prior to the remap.

Thanks for your help so far guys.

The light didn't come on until about 3 weeks after the remap. There we no codes stored or pending prior to the remap.
Were you able to diagnose the issue and resolve ?

Thought I had.

Had a poke around in November and found something that was unplugged. Think it was the EGR valve as I had asked this to be turned off whilst they were remapping the car. Looks like they've coded it out and unplugged it.

Whilst I was there I also ran some liquimoly diesel intake cleaner through the throttle body via the post intercooler hose behind the near side fog light cover.

I also plugged the cable that they had unplugged back in just to see if this would stop the EML light and it did. I had 3-4 months driving with no light. (I do about 1500 miles per month) Then last weekend the light came on again. I pluged it in at work and the same code came up again.

P2112 - Throttle actuator control system stuck closed

The weird thing is the car drives like normal. No issues what so ever other than the EML on. It's due a service and a gear box oil change soon so I'll just mention it then and see what they think.

Also, and it's probably completely unrelated but I run the car almost exclusively on shell Vpower. The light seems to come on after I use the odd supermarket diesel tank when I need to fill up but I'm not near a shell. Not sure if this would have any correlation but just something I've noticed.

Are you having the same issue?

Last edited:
Not sure why they unplugged it if it was mapped out .

Throttle valve should only be cleaned by removing it because you have the risk of the engine ingesting the poo .

Screenshot_20210130-090958_YouTube.jpg

It will only get worse .

The fault might eventually get more regular and developing an ignition switch off shudder .

Throttle body or wiring to it .

Not sure why they unplugged it if it was mapped out .

Throttle valve should only be cleaned by removing it because you have the risk of the engine ingesting the poo .

View attachment 109270

It will only get worse .

The fault might eventually get more regular and developing an ignition switch off shudder .

Throttle body or wiring to it .
Any idea of rough cost to get it removed and cleaned/inspected? Or difficulty level to DIY? Ive got this week off work so will have time on my hands...

Any idea of rough cost to get it removed and cleaned/inspected? Or difficulty level to DIY? Ive got this week off work so will have time on my hands...
I had it out and cleaned it didn’t look as bad as above but it defines can look as bad. I’m not sure how much it would cost to do but it’s quite a bit of work in very tight spaces. I had it cleaned first made no difference then I had the throttle body changed for another one same thing made no difference. To do it your self it will take at least the full day of you are doing the first time, second time I managed in 3/4 hours. Firewall needs to come out, egr and a bunch of other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom