Throttle body required for W124 E320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ollieh

Car
Mercedes W124 320 Coupe, BMW E30 325i Cab, Ford S-Max 2.2 200 Titanium X
Hi All,

I have W124 320 Coupe and need an new throttle body - idle actuator. Part number is 0001416525

If anyone has one for sale please contact me asap. [email protected]

Many thx,

Ollie

Why not send it to bba reman in Kent for a refurb??? It would be money well spent

Thx Alf230, I wasn't aware these units could be refurbed. I guess it will be cheaper than buying a replacement ?

The car is driving absolutely fine but its over revving in Park at a very steady 1500rpm when hot or cold. I've given the inside a good clean out but if anything its got worse.

Hoping the refurb or replacement will put the issue to bed but would welcome any other suggestions.

Cheers

Ollie

Has the car got cruise? If so the fault may be the cruise ECU, the TB or both

I sent a TB to BBA-Reman. What they don't tell you is that they can't repair some parts and will return it unrepaired with a bill for £90 + shipping. Nice

It's possible to test the TB using a multimeter to find the fault. Based on that it should be possible to find someone to repair that fault. BBA can not repair the cruise control clutch

Nick Froome

Hi Nick,

The car does not have cruise. It's going into the good guys at SS Motors on Friday for shocks and springs so I'll see if they can test it using the multimeter. I've been given an indicative price of 80 quid for a used replacement so may go down that route.

Not had much luck during the first week of ownership - front 2 shocks burst and idling issue but once resolved I know this car will be a keeper.

Thanks again for the advice.

do ask SS to read all the fault codes and let you know what they are (written down).

they should then clear the codes (as some will be historic and not currant
faults).

the car should then be driven and the fault codes that come back will be the currant codes, and you should post those on here to get a concensus of where the problem lies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom