Throttle delay on SLK320 (R170)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fergie35X

Car
SLK320 (R170)
Hi,
I've recently experienced a problem with the throttle response on my 2001. I've owned the car a couple of months, it's a low mileage (25k) FSH model, and the other day an hour or so into a drive I noticed a delay when pressing the accelerator. It lasted a second or so before there was any response. I stopped and switched off the engine and after restarting it's not not happened again. I've done about 250 miles since without incident. Any suggestions/advice?

I had this for years on a 1996 124, turned out to be a throttle return spring was missing - strange cause, but it's true.

Yours doesn't sound like it is constant which this was, do you have ASR, could that be thinking for a moment you were on slippery ground and overrode the throttle on your behalf?

WDB124066 said:
I had this for years on a 1996 124, turned out to be a throttle return spring was missing - strange cause, but it's true. Yours doesn't sound like it is constant which this was, do you have ASR, could that be thinking for a moment you were on slippery ground and overrode the throttle on your behalf?

No it was definitely not ASR. Also, I'm almost certain the throttle is not cable but rather an electronic drive-by-wire type (not sure what the correct description is)

It was possibly the gearbox having a think about which gear to be in, during which time torque is reduced.

I have always found it rather annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom