Throttle response X218

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is always good to read the experiences of, and advice from, users. However, it is the way that this is posted that is irritating sometimes. The" I have discovered something that nobody else knows" school of posting, with its inherent superior tone,is guaranteed to alienate people.
Someone on here should modify his attitude.
Just saying like, innit.

You can find plenty of stuff on the net to support pretty much any point of view. This thread has become yet another of the circular arguments he is prone to, on subjects already done to death. You are wasting your time arguing, so don't bother.

For my part, I have the answer I was looking for when I started the thread, and it does not involve any sort of pedal box/throttle booster/snake oil/Shenzhen Special gizmo. On reflection, I can't see how simply opening the throttle more/increasing the fuelling for a given amount of pedal, without also altering the ECU programming, would eliminate the lag MB programme in to some of their cars, but I'm an agnostic, not an atheist, on the point. I'd have to buy one to find out, so I'll never know, and I won't sleep any less soundly because of that lack of knowledge. :cool:

Last edited:
Don't listen to me listen to the masses .

The best feedback is from many people on car forums who have posted thousands of times over multiple years - ( no hidden agenda ) who actually purchased one to overcome pedal lag .

It is completely mindless and false to nay say without actual experience .

I am a simple soul who struggles with all this electronic trickery. In my day we changed things on "A Series" and Henrys finest, the Crossflow, mechanically.
I believe that to remove the lag you need to move the pedal datum, the Pedalkennlinie, to remove the first bit of free movement that does nothing. On a cable accelerator that was simple. Now you need an electronics whizz kid to do it, progress anyone? How they do it seems to boil down to a box of tricks that fools the system or a map change, whatever that is.
Everyone has their own preference. Mine is to leave well alone.

Don't listen to me listen to the masses .

The best feedback is from many people on car forums who have posted thousands of times over multiple years - ( no hidden agenda ) who actually purchased one to overcome pedal lag .

It is completely mindless and false to nay say without actual experience .
It also mindless and false to claim and promote this item as better than having the throttle response mapped at ECU level a remap that is fully covered by the mappers warranty and PL insurance instead of a £2.50 resistor in a fancy plastic box with zero comeback on the supplier, I suspect your just a sad individual who likes to rattle cages and then delights in causing as much irritation as possible because frankly you have nothing better to do, am done with your ignorance you just stepped on to my ignore list.

The unfortunate few individuals here their comments are false and unjustified because they have no actual experience or long-term experience .

A simple resistor fly by night product Suty said....

Definitely not !

Screenshot_20220524-074040_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220524-074055_Chrome.jpg

There's a fair bit of BS in some of those claims. I can't cut and paste from the image, so this time I'll give you the chance to tell me where it is...

On second thoughts, don't bother. ICBA. Thank you for helping me to find the solution to the throttle lag on the CLS, though, but I'm out.

Last edited:
I am a simple soul who struggles with all this electronic trickery. In my day we changed things on "A Series" and Henrys finest, the Crossflow, mechanically.
I believe that to remove the lag you need to move the pedal datum, the Pedalkennlinie, to remove the first bit of free movement that does nothing. On a cable accelerator that was simple. Now you need an electronics whizz kid to do it, progress anyone? How they do it seems to boil down to a box of tricks that fools the system or a map change, whatever that is.
Everyone has their own preference. Mine is to leave well alone.
Your probably from the same era as my Dad by the sound of it, he used to wax lyrical about A series, David Vizard and 5 star Petrol

Reactions: JHS
Blimey - this is all getting a bit out of hand. I wouldn't mind so much, but posting oversized images on every post with stuff nobody is reading - is that really necessary? Endless scrolling for classic TLDR; action....

Your probably from the same era as my Dad by the sound of it, he used to wax lyrical about A series, David Vizard and 5 star Petrol
"How to modify your Mini" was required reading. He was (is) a hands on engineer.
Also "Mini Tuning" by Clive Trickey
Oh those were the days!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom