Throttle response

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben320cdi

Car
E350cdi
I have a w203 320 cdi. It has been mapped. I am experiencing a throttle delay when trying to pull away quickly. It also jerks at low speed when in traffic intermitantly. If I drop the throttle and the car needs to change down nothing happens for a few seconds. Then a cloud of smoke that I can only assume is un burnt fuel caused by the delay. Im hoping its not related to the map. I have had the atf changed. On a couple of occasions when accelerating particular hard nd has felt like the clutch is slipping in a manual. Almost as though the gearbox cant keep up with whats
happening. Any advise would be appreciated as its quite annoying and embarrasing leaving clouds of smoke.:(

If it Jerks I expect it to be the stepper motor on the turbo slipping. Its a common fault.

We fit new turbo's for this issue.

Is there anything obvious i can check to confirm if it is this. The car seems to hesitate in lower gears more than higher. For example if I enter a roundabout and it needs to change down it does nothing for a second or two then shifts and smokes?

I feel I need to add, the rest of the time the car drives perfectly. If a am at a standstill and accelerate hard it pulls as I believe it should. The smoking is varied also. Some days it smokes more than others. Im not overly confident wth the guys who mapped my car. I have friends who have had diesel's mapped and they smoke alot less than mine. The throttle delay is more evident once the car is hot. Even parking nothing happens then if you not careful you are travelling far faster than is required.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom