Thrust Arm Bushes are cracked ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

travelininstyle

Car
C-Class Sports Coupe AMG 220 Cdi
:eek: Hello,after a recent winter check of my W203 Sport Coupe (2005 reg) - I was advised by the service department that the thrust arm bushes were cracked and would probably need replacing.To be fair,the service manager said he had seen worse and it was not immediate,but they would deteriorate.He stated because they are in an awkward place and etc. I would probably be looking at £300-ish for replacement.Does this seem right - what would an indie charge ? - any advise would be greatly appreciated,as I would like to get it done.

I charge £165 for this.
:thumb: Thanks for that,I guess this is a common problem particularly on this sports model.I will get this done,but will I notice any difference in ride/suspension quality,will it be quieter,as I notice its a bit clunky - if that's the right word,when I am on a rough road,or the steering is on a hard lock - I want to get it done,as I believe that if its ignored,it will lead to some other failure later - but one other question is that given the state of the pot-holed roads,is there a risk it can go again quickly,or will it endure - after all - the original bushes have been on over 5 years.

Thanks

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom