Thumbs up for a lovely courtesy car, VW!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
Whilst on the scurvy run to Norfolk on Christmas Eve, my husband, as he likes to put it, hit a peasant in his Motability car. Actually the *pheasant* hit us, but hey ho, the upshot is damage to the bonnet near the catch and to the grill.

The dealership booked his car in for repair but warned the courtesy car would be something like a Corsa, but automatic like the Tiguan. I was a bit concerned entry and exit would be a bit difficult for him.

What a surprise when a new A200d with AMG pretty bits was delivered! Lovely sort of pewter-y colour.

We're off for a drive and lunch on Sunday!

Bloody peasants. At least you are not on the peasant wagon (bus) as my daughter calls them.

Looking forward to your report on the A200d with festive dressing, on the car that is.

Certainly will be reporting back John! Last evening I asked him if he could suddenly develop severe lethargy after lunch so I can drive it back, but I had a quick rethink when he said the auto gear change is on the wheel, not by the side, and jolly close to the cruise control.

The chap who delivered the car actually specifically mentioned the low ride height, which was fair enough since it's an exchange for a Tiguan.

Currently thinking Hawes for fish and chips or, if the wx is bad, Owd Nell's on the A6.

Hawes is a mighty long way for F&C, but a grand run out if the weather stays as it is now. Owd Nell's is excellent. Our day may be a bit quieter and we will head for The Midge Hall, ever the adventurous us.

CHEERS

Ah Norfolk - the county with 800,000 inhabitants and only 2 surnames! ;) The peasants there generally only have one eye, in the centre of the forehead, so can't see an approaching vehicle!

With apologies to any Norfolkians on this forum.:p

Last courtesy car I had from a VW main dealer was an almost new Polo diesel, which sounded and drove like a tractor!

Ah Norfolk - the county with 800,000 inhabitants and only 2 surnames! ;) The peasants there generally only have one eye, in the centre of the forehead, so can't see an approaching vehicle!

I think a village has lost their idiot :p

I object

I just do there are at least 6 surnames and 3 families so there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom