Thumbs up for eSure insurance.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John Jones Jr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mazda MX5 10AE, W201 2.5-16, W202 230K Sport man, Honda Accord & Suzuki 'Ricer'.
I'd didn't have much to do today so I decided to hunt around for the most suitable car policy.
This time my renewal wasn't straight forward, it's now classed as new business as my U.K. insurance had lapsed for just over a couple years which affected my U.K. NCB, as I was using an Irish reg car when in the U.K., also my new post code isn't as favourable compared to the previous one I used.
Well, looking online for quotes is one thing but speaking to call centres is another, it can be hard work, but I suppose nothing new there. Anyway, after about three hours solid work I got a quote I was happy with, thanks to eSure who had no issue accepting my Irish NCB, which is a saving of some £600-750.

I was with a broker who quoted me £960, went to esure who quoted £580 inc all the additional bits such as key cover etc, but best of all this was before I had bought my Viano, it was for my other car.

When I got the Viano I called them and they set it up as a multicar policy getting another 10% discount and both cars utilise my 10yr no claims discount! It's not advertised well, but this multicar policy isn't like the others where both cars policy start/end at the same time, and if you have a claim on one it affects the other, these esure policies have two individual start/end dates and the documents show no link to the other vehicle. It's linked only on the esure computer.

I asked what would happen if I ended one policy and kept only one, (say I got a better deal at renewal) would they increase the premium?

They said there would be no effect on the policy in force, the price paid is that quoted at the commencement date and this would be honoured until the end date.

Pretty happy with them so far, had a windscreen chip repair without problem, luckily not had to claim for anything else though!

I was with esure for a year, found them great, and was pleasantly surprised when for once, my renewal premium had come down, and that was on my ST220. However, on the ST forums Chris Knott were advertising, so I gave them a go. They called me back and I said I doubt they could beat Esure on £290 fully comp, they said they would take a look anyway...£240 and they have been marvelous. If that ever goes **** up I will go back to Esure though, but seeing as my wifes car was discounted £20 and I have a £20 discount coming for referring a friend with Chris Knott, I don't see that happening, and the merc is still only £300 anyway, but we'll see come September renewal.

£300, is great. My quote is £401 but would have been lower if I had the paperwork to support the 13 or 14 years NCB that I'm entitled too, rather that 8 years I can support with paperwork. I haven't pulled the trigger with eSure jut yet so I'll give Chris Knott a shout, might even earn you a few pints. Cheers.

A little update on my new insurance policy. I contacted Chris Knott as per Krisby's advise and found them to be better value, if just £19 more expensive.

They have offered a lower Voluntary excess, higher annual mileage, no issues with a modified vehicle and the comprehensive breakdown cover is far cheaper. So, Chris Knott it is.

Krisby, pm sent.

Excellent, great news, now get recommending too and next year that £19 difference will be £1 in your pocket.

My own Insurance company quoted a rise from £300 to over £900 when I bought my S500 and this being a 2001 Y reg ....roll on an online quote from AXA lol including key cover and No claims protection they quoted and the policey is now in place £240 thank you very much :)

Excellent, great news, now get recommending too and next year that £19 difference will be £1 in your pocket.

Forwarded your details to CK this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom