Thumbs UP Mobilolife. Thumbs DOWN MB SHEFFIELD!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kbhogalW126

Car
'98 W140 S320
Right then.

Long story so I shall keep to the main points!

Tuesday Night - went to MB Sheffield to price and spec up a new C220cdi Sport - total spec (inc Comand which I added when I got home) costs about £35k for December delivery. I told my salesman, John, that I would think about the way I as going to do the deal, part ex or no part ex, and would get back to him by the weekend with a deposit or not.

Went to sleep and got up this morning to go to a meeting in Leeds:

Today

9am Parked the CLK in Leeds City Centre.

12pm Left my meeting to head back to my office in Sheffield. The car wouldn't start.

12.10pm Called the AA.

12.55pm Steve the AA man turns up and thinks that maybe theres no fuel in the car so puts some diesel in it. (There was plenty)

1.05pm Sprays some easy start in the airbox and the car starts up. Switches off and on but doesn't start so he puts some more easy start and takes me to the nearest petrol station. I fill up and he re-starts the car.

He tells me to call Mobilolife

1.30pm I call Mobilolife ad explain that if I switch off the car I won't be able to re-start it so could they send a technician to sort it out? They say no as the car is running.

I ask if they can then send a techinician to the main dealer in Sheffield in about half an hour by which time I would reach there myself. Computer says "NO!"

I then call MB Sheffield and wait on hold for a couple of minutes before the call is answered. I explain the situation and the receptionist (my first mistake) talks to the Service Desk and tells me that they are expecting me and to go straight through to them when I get to the Dealer. But I must keep the car running when I go in.

2.10 I get to MB Sheffield and do as advised then get told by the pleasant "Debi" that they are too busy and can't spare a technician for a couple of minutes to look at my car. I can leave the car there and they will "see" if they can look at it tomorrow. There was no mention of maybe running me into the city centre or calling me a taxi.

She said "Call Mobilolife."

So, confused at this lack of botherment on her part, I went out and called Mobilolife.

They took my details and asked where I currently was.

I told them that I was inside the dealers car park outside the front door and he said "won't they have a look at it for you?"

I said no, they told me to call you.

He was shocked.

Anyways, he took my details and told me someone would call me shortly.

I met my usual salesman, John Strong, who is actually a really nice guy and always very helpful. He said I could go inside and make myself comfortable in the waiting area so I sat down with a glass of water and a magazine.

I got a call from Andrew the Mobilolife tech and he said he would be with me just after 3ish. No probs, I thought. He then said that he spoke to the service manager who didn't know anything about me being there, which was nice!

Anyways, picture the scene (fast forwarding through Andrew arriving in an R-class . . .):

My car with the bonnet open 90 degrees, a Mercedes Benz Customer Car R-Class, Engine covers and other parts all over the car park in front of the car, people coming to pick up their new cars, 4 Sales Staff walking around, MB technicians walking around . . . . .. .

You get the picture?

All this is going on right in front of the front entrance of MB Sheffield and no-one from their service department or any other department bothered to ask what was up and do we need any help.

Apparently, the Main Dealers don't like to deal with these kind of things because they have to give you a courtesy car and its better for them if Mobilolife deal with it.

Anyways, I don't think that I will be ordering that new shape C-Class from Mercedes Benz of Sheffield (JCT600) because even though I've bought two cars from them over the past year and spent about £28k in their dealership and was about to buy a third car for about £35k their Service Department can't be bothered to have a look at my car.

Now, I'm an existing and was a potentially future customer, and that's how I was treated. How would they treat someone off the street?

Eventually, after 5pm, I got back on the road.

So, Thumbs UP to Mobilolife and Thumbs DOWN to Mercedes Benz of Sheffield (JCT600).

I'm seriously thinking about defecting to another brand.

KJ

Where was the Mobilo techician from? What a crazy situation?

John

The Mobilo technician came all the way from DONCASTER to Sheffield!

The fix was a new diesel injector - number 3 was leaking, which he purchased from the MB Sheffield parts desk.

It was a stupid, crazy, daft situation to have to be in.

Mrs B STILL wants the New C class though.

Im seriously thinking some other brand instead though.

KJ:mad:

The scary thing down here is the lack of dealerships. In the whole of Devon there are just two and only one in Cornwall? If the Mobilo technician is out on a call does Mercedes-Benz seriously think we would sit inside a Mercedes main dealership for a couple of hours waiting for the technician that is based at that location to finish their Mobilo calls before returning back to the dealership to deal with the breakdown?? :eek: :mad:

I can understand your frustration but if you have an acceptable relationship with your dealership who are you punishing if you walk away. I doubt a dealer will loose sleep over loosing our custom?

I understand your frustration.

Regards
John

Just after I bought the C180 from MB Sheffield last year there was a noise from the front passenger side wheel.

They had the car for the day to fix the problem and when I collected the car at 5.50pm the noise was still there.

The next morning it got really bad and I called her and told her I was bringing the car back in immediately.

I was told "we have no cars" and I said "drop me off at work then."

She then said a tech would look at it.

After about 90 minutes she came out and started shouting at me saying that I was a liar and the tech had taken the car out and there was nothing wrong with it and I should leave!

I said "get the guy out here right now and I'll sit with him while we take the car out to prove it"

The tech came out and I drove while he listened.

And guess what?

He said "I can hear it clearly now! Sorry."

We went back into the dealer and he spoke to one of the other service staff while I left the Dealership.

I got an apology from John, who is a good bloke, but I refused to ever deal with this woman again.

It was the same person today again.

It is absolutely ludicrous that a dealership will not deal with one of their own customers with a genuine fault and will instead tell that customer to call Mobilolife and get them to repair his car OUTSIDE THEIR FRONT DOOR!

One thing out of all this is that it would've cost me £372 today, £222 for the part(I saw the receipt) and 1.5 hours labour, if i didn't have a FSH.

I know that I probably will end up buying the car but I'm really angry this evening.

Whether or not I buy from JCT 600 MB Sheffield I don't know.

After about 90 minutes she came out and started shouting at me saying that I was a liar and the tech had taken the car out and there was nothing wrong with it and I should leave!
Your a better man than me. No way would I tolerate that. Sorry but I would have made my feelings known in a way that people would remember for a century or two.

Regards
John

The whole garage saw how she behaved at the time and she was told off because when she called me back she spoke very nicely.

It's a shame though that the sales guys treat customers very well and th service staff treat them like poo.

I wonder how many dealerships act this way?

Bafflingly bad service! You'd think a dealer principle would see this going on and step in to intervene and worry about sorting out the details later.

You should write him a letter saying how he has lost a sale, lost future service business, and how you have advised friends and colleagues of this situation and left them to make their own minds up.

Kb,
Doesnt suprise me in the least,I stopped going to JCT when after booking my car in for a service (and telling them that a Mobilo tec had inadvertantly reset the service indicator some weeks earlier) on my return that evening the CSR told me the good news,it doesn't need servicing.
Nobody had even taken the trouble to check the service book to see that it hadn't been touched for something like 18k miles or ring me to ask why I brought it in with something like 12k miles to go before service(cant remember the exact numbers).
Try MB Europa in the city centre,they are magic,no bimbos all ex Lancaster Europa guys who know how to treat customers.

keep a careful ear on your engine for the next wee while. easy start is VERY bad for diesel engines, especially modern ones. it can crack rings, blow head gaskets, melt injector tips, generally bad stuff. plus if you spray too much in even switching the ignition off wont stop the engine until its all burnt.

my cousin had his new w204 delivered today, pre inspected at his door step, flawless, so i came round to have a look and a play with the new toy, opened the bonnet and looked around saw that the car was bleeding, the brake fluid was really low, and was leaking, ok no probs 'ring the dealer and they will sort it out' was told to drive the car down to the dealer ship which we refused as this could cause an accident as the brakes were really spongy. after driving down to the showroom in my own car and speaking to a manager they sent a tech with some brakefluid who just topped it up and said all's well, this we doubted and looked for ourselfs and told the tech to drive it to the dealership, answer 'no insurance or trade plates' but he agreed the car needed a new brake fluid resovior as this one seemed to leak!

told to call mobilo life, no records as not processed yet so no help.

So we took the plunge and drove it to the dealership, car was inspected and we were told to pay £600 odd, a complete brake fluid chane and new resovior which comes attached to another part, as the wrong brake fluid was put in, my cousin went off his trolley,

In the 3 hours we had the car we did not top the fluid up it was done by their own tech, and this should be covered under warranty and the car is only 3 hours old and 4 miles on the clock, they have now agreed to do the work, as we were going to reject the car,

after we laid down our demands and a bit of agreeing we got the folowing:

1) free servicing. so 6 years in total inc parts and labour
2) free mats
3) discount off the price of the car as it was sub standard
4) A choice of free optional extra, (anyone from the extras list)

so all in all not bad but i dont think that he will be buying a merc from mercedes benz croydon.

so not bad for a day off work!

after we laid down our demands and a bit of agreeing we got the folowing:

1) free servicing. so 6 years in total inc parts and labour
2) free mats
3) discount off the price of the car as it was sub standard
4) A choice of free optional extra, (anyone from the extras list)

so all in all not bad but i dont think that he will be buying a merc from mercedes benz croydon.

so not bad for a day off work!
I'm a bit confused. Was this a new car that was being delivered to your cousin?

Was it delivered from the supplying dealer and had they failed to carry out a diligent PDI?

Is your cousin getting a refund in the price he paid for the car?

What do you mean about a choice of free optional extra? Quite a few options cannot be allegedly retrofitted. Could your cousin stipulate COMAND or Linguatronic?

There is no excuse for leaking brake fluid and if any got onto the paintwork then I would want it thoroughly washed off.

Here's wishing your cousin lots of luck

Regards
John

Your a better man than me. No way would I tolerate that. Sorry but I would have made my feelings known in a way that people would remember for a century or two.

Regards
John

Absolutely John, I'm just bubbling reading what she said. A century or two would be to short.

AT the time I made it clear that there was a fault and they hadn't noticed it but I really didn't want to make an issue of it (at that time).

I just wanted the problem sorted.

Does anyone know of any "good" dealers who might appreciate an order for a new C Class?

I'm a bit confused. Was this a new car that was being delivered to your cousin?

Was it delivered from the supplying dealer and had they failed to carry out a diligent PDI?

Is your cousin getting a refund in the price he paid for the car?

What do you mean about a choice of free optional extra? Quite a few options cannot be allegedly retrofitted. Could your cousin stipulate COMAND or Linguatronic?

There is no excuse for leaking brake fluid and if any got onto the paintwork then I would want it thoroughly washed off.

Here's wishing your cousin lots of luck

Regards
John

Yep was a brand new car! supplied by mercedes benz Croydon where he paid for it. The pdi was carried out and again when they drop it off to show that theres no chips/scratches ect. He wanted a refund, but then he waited so long (for him anyway) and had all the spec he wanted, and the manager was very understanding to the facts of such a new car, plus my new car is also on order and that i would cancel the order seeing how this incident is delt with.

The part is being fitted free of charge, and there was no evedient paint damage but it will be steam cleaned and treated and also a note made so that they are aware that if it does start to bulbble up it will be delt with again free of charge for the life of the car!

Command seens the best choice, and if possible Linguatronic will be retrofitted, and we were told any free optional extra so my cousin is going in tomorow morning to speak to the manager and tell him what he wants!!

Between me and my cousins family we have 12 mercs! (2 are mine!!) so are well known to mercedes benz croydon!

I popped into MB Sheffield once when I was working up there. I had phoned ahead, and made an appointment for them to take a look at warning light on the cluster. I waited for an hour and a half (having arrived ten minutes early for my appointment), during which time my car didn't move from where I had parked it. I then got up to leave. As I was heading to my car, a woman came after me shouting that I'd not paid my invoice. She presented an invoice for an hour's work for putting the car on the computer and clearing the warning light, which had obviously been prepared although I knew for a fact that no work had been done. After a short discussion where she refused to admit that I had had no work done, I told her where to go in no uncertain terms. She mentioned something about the police, but by that time I was getting into my car.

I wouldn't go back there if you paid me.

-simon

SimonsMerc - was she blonde haired and about 40 years old?

yes :) or no :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom