Thumbs up to Admiral!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Expected to have a nasty shock when my insurance renewal came through, as I've upgraded from my S211 to my CLS and also the mess Saab are in, I thought Saab insurance may have gone up too..

Well, the CLS is actually LESS than the 211 was last year and the Saab no change! WOW!! I'm seriously happy with that and no need to shop around or pretend to be a new customer of Admiral's!

Well done Admiral! Another loyal customer for another year! :)

Admiral's usual practice to increase premiums by around 15%, and hope you don't notice ...

Yup, they tried that with me! Called them up once I had noticed and they immediately reduced the premium to less than I had been paying initially

Expected to have a nasty shock when my insurance renewal came through, as I've upgraded from my S211 to my CLS and also the mess Saab are in, I thought Saab insurance may have gone up too..

Well, the CLS is actually LESS than the 211 was last year and the Saab no change! WOW!! I'm seriously happy with that and no need to shop around or pretend to be a new customer of Admiral's!

Well done Admiral! Another loyal customer for another year! :)

My fear would be that they have looked at the current and projected market value of SAABs and concluded in the event of a large accident claim they could write it off for peanuts?? :(

I have no explanation on the CLS except that the "ownership profile" means they tend to do less miles than 211's and present a lower claim risk? :dk:

I had admiral cover years ago, renewal was double priced- 1070for skoda??? Been offered reduced price and it was 1030! What a company??? Insured for 680 somewhere else after...
Quote for CLS was 2850! :doh:

I had admiral cover years ago, renewal was double priced- 1070for skoda??? Been offered reduced price and it was 1030! What a company??? Insured for 680 somewhere else after...
Quote for CLS was 2850! :doh:
You could replace the name with that of any other insurance company and the story would likely still be true.

Anyone had any issues with admiral settling claims, i'm litterally two days away from taking out a policy with them.

this should change, its sick insurance manners in UK!!! :crazy:

I agree that it can be annoying, however, insurance companies are like any other business, they are in business to make money, this is made increasingly more difficult by false claims.
You ask for a quote and they give you one, if you think it is to high you are free to negotiate or go elsewhere.
The same goes for breakdown services. Every year the AA and the RAC advertise rates, on phoning you are told this is for new customers only, ergo, I change from one to the other on a yearly basis.

The same goes for breakdown services. Every year the AA and the RAC advertise rates, on phoning you are told this is for new customers only, ergo, I change from one to the other on a yearly basis.

I've taken out a new policy with the same company before now, just letting the other one end. With Admiral you can play their sister companies, Bell, Diamond and Elephant off against each other - the call centre people can access quotes from any of them. They insure a lot of people - you see some complaints about their claims handling, but lots of positive comments too.

Co-op Insurance sent me a fabulous offer, signed by their MD. When I called and they ran through the details (which they already had, as we'd used them before) the premium doubled. Funnily enough they wouldn't put me through to the MD.

Admiral's level of cover is very poor - be careful.

I've only ever claimed on the breakdown cover, but the response was excellent.

I have enough faith to have renewed with them a few minutes ago.

Anyone had any issues with admiral settling claims, i'm litterally two days away from taking out a policy with them.

Probably too late for you now but I'm just finishing off processing a claim with them now. I was not at fault for the claim, the other side admitted full liability yet Admiral still treated me like a criminal asking all sorts of questions to try and get out of paying out and then tried to bully me into accepting a repair at a non-mercedes approved garage and I had to fight to get a decent hire car. The other party was also Admiral insured, so no doubt they were trying to do everything on the cheap

In the end I selected my own bodyshop, they faxed the details and photos to Admiral who, to be fair, approved the repair within 24 hours. I can't wait to see what they try and do to my premium at renewal in a few months time and, after the way I was treated, I suspect I will go elsewhere never to return to them.

Admiral's usual practice to increase premiums by around 15%, and hope you don't notice ...

Tried to increase mine by nearer 50% and they automatically renew it unless you tell them not to.

Just had my qoute in from Admiral for another year, £1800 for my BMW and the other half's Golf on a multicar policy! :crazy:

Managed to call around with other firms then get Admiral to agree to £1283 although this is still £200 up on last year?

My renewal price was higher, but it's complicated because the initial insurance dates were different. I got the policy down by £200 which made it probably cheaper overall than last year.

Would also be interest in some further details on admirals cover if it is poor - as I am currently with them and am mostly likely going to renew in March.

I am currently on a multicar policy with the rest of my family in the one household and my insurance on my C Class went from £1500 with anyone else to £750 just from being on the multicar policy.

I just gone with Admiral multi car saved me £1500 per year on 4 cars with a 19 year old on the policy. Top level cover, legal fees, windscreen cover etc In fact better quality cover than Kwik fit and Sabre who we were previously with, I would highly recommend them :thumb:

Richak said:
Probably too late for you now but I'm just finishing off processing a claim with them now. I was not at fault for the claim, the other side admitted full liability yet Admiral still treated me like a criminal asking all sorts of questions to try and get out of paying out and then tried to bully me into accepting a repair at a non-mercedes approved garage and I had to fight to get a decent hire car. The other party was also Admiral insured, so no doubt they were trying to do everything on the cheap

In the end I selected my own bodyshop, they faxed the details and photos to Admiral who, to be fair, approved the repair within 24 hours. I can't wait to see what they try and do to my premium at renewal in a few months time and, after the way I was treated, I suspect I will go elsewhere never to return to them.

I've just had a personal experience with a similar claim and have nothing but praise for how admiral handled it.

They did ask questions about the policy but that's to be expected because so many people "forget" to tell them about previous claims or car modifications and save money as a result.

Cover was fine. And the whole process hassle free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom