Thwack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Parrot of Doom

MB Enthusiast
Car
1997 R-reg W210 E300TD saloon
08072007310.jpg

Ouch.

I've felt like it :) A big something that came flying over the central reservation and bounced off :)

I doubt they can glue that!

I think MB's attract flying objects - I've never had a car that's picked up so many windscreen chips as this one. It seems to take a hit on virtually every decent journey.
I got hit by one chunky stone and there wasn't another car around.

Ouch, glad the glass did it's job and it wasn't your head.

How's your trousers -- can the dry cleaners rectify the stains...?

It wasn't even that big, just peanut sized. Amazing what damage something so innocuous can do.

RAC are fixing it tomorrow.

ooh - nasty!! Glad no one was hurt - that's all that really matters;)

It certainly speaks volumes for modern windscreen construction. Thank goodness no one was injured and thank for posting the picture.

Regards
John

I spoke to the RAC man, hes going to cut the damaged section out with a glass hacksaw, and replace it with a glass hammer and glass glue :)

Amazing what they can do these days.

this ive got to see :) take pickies :)

Ill second that sounds near impossible to make it look like it was never there by cutting and putting in a new piece

I think MB's attract flying objects

You're not wrong, my beloved ML was treated to a piece of roof being repaired by my neighbour. A dink on the wing....not pleased. Not 100% sure how to approach this one. His roofer asked to move my car, which I did. At the end of the day, he said it was safe to put back. I went out later, he said "oh, could you move it again?". I reckon he knew a bit hit the car :mad:

What to do? How much to fix a dink? Should I kill my friendly neighbour?

mmmm - they tried to fix the window on the Voyager when it got a similar hole, much smalleer though. Tried injecting the glue and then I just watched as this massive crack spread out. One full new window later...............:D

What to do? How much to fix a dink? Should I kill my friendly neighbour?

Claim it off the builder and say you should have told me before work started to move my car

I spoke to the RAC man, hes going to cut the damaged section out with a glass hacksaw, and replace it with a glass hammer and glass glue :)

Amazing what they can do these days.
I echo Fuzzers request and I would love to know how they do this. I've heard about putting filler into a chip, but cutting out a section of window and putting in a new piece? I don't disbelieve it because I have NO knowledge.

John

How does he find those tools in his toolbox?

And then what happens when he bangs the glass hammer once he's found it?

You're in so much trouble :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom