tick tick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

up2u

Car
2001 c270 cdi
:dk:hi guys been quite a nice summer so far the cars been great cool in the sunny days and warm in the cold nights !!
but i now have a problem from inside the dash of the car when i turn the key to start her up from behind the dash comes this tick tick for about 16 to 20 seconds and then stops if i stop and restart it dose it again can someone help please it driving me mad
thanks yours arch

One of the heater directional motor gears has broken. Common and be covered on here many times.

It needs to go on a Star diag machine to determine what motor it is.

Its a labour intensive job to fix too.

My car does it, it's fixable but will cost from around £600 to around a grand to sort it and get rid of the noise as most of the dash has to come out. I've learnt to live with it....

i know it means the whole dash out but how long is this job to do for future reference

I spoke to my boss's son, a tech at Mercedes, and he said the book time is around 10 hours, maybe a bit less. He also said that the parts that usually fail, the stepper motors, haven't been upgraded and he has seen cars come back a year or so later with the same problem.

Find an independant to do the job it can be a lot cheaper and they have worked ways out of getting to some of the motors/gears without a full dash out job

hi guys just had time to look at the sepper motors in the manual (nightmare ) hears the thing has anyone got pic`s of the thing when it`s out !! fingers crossed
cheers up2u

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom