Tidal songs not showing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MKopec88

Car
2015 Mercedes C Class Estate Premium Plus
Hi hi. I just moved from amazon prime, as the songs kept getting deleted, to Tidal but I'm not receiving any song info on my display.

Playing through Bluetooth on my phone and never had this issue with amazon prime. Any advice? Attached is a pic to show what I mean. Even as the song plays, it just says track 1 or track 2 etc with the song time staying at 0.00 throughout. Anything I can do to show the track titles like with amazon music? Tidal customer service can't figure it out.

This is a 2016 Mercedes c class estate, "upgraded" burmester system.

Screenshot_20210824_064853_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Hi,

have you deleted your bluetooth pair and re-paired it? Also I had a similar issue on my W205 with spotify and it turned out to be my one plus phone had an issue as when I tried it with a different brand it worked. If you can try using a different brand of phone to see if you get the same issue.

Hi,

have you deleted your bluetooth pair and re-paired it? Also I had a similar issue on my W205 with spotify and it turned out to be my one plus phone had an issue as when I tried it with a different brand it worked. If you can try using a different brand of phone to see if you get the same issue.
I have unpaired it from the car and paired it back up again. My Mrs has an honor phone and tried as well with Tidal. Same thing. Not sure if anyone else has had a similar issue and workaround but I guess not. It's not a deal breaker as tidal is much better quality than amazon prime, just something nice to see on the dash is all.

I have unpaired it from the car and paired it back up again. My Mrs has an honor phone and tried as well with Tidal. Same thing. Not sure if anyone else has had a similar issue and workaround but I guess not. It's not a deal breaker as tidal is much better quality than amazon prime, just something nice to see on the dash is all.
It's not better quality when paired over bluetooth to the car, the bluetooth used by comand does not support lossless files.

It's not better quality when paired over bluetooth to the car, the bluetooth used by comand does not support lossless files.
I have a home cinema system. So it helps massively listening to music at home.

Sure, I use tidal too but it doesn't make any difference in the car

Sure, I use tidal too but it doesn't make any difference in the car
I'm not sure you understand my point lol. I have a music app that doesn't display song information like amazon prime music does. I'm trying to figure out why and how to get this sorted potentially.

Your point is that car Bluetooth doesn't play lossless quality. What's that have to do with anything? Genuine question... Are you suggesting I pay for tidal and for prime? Prime sounds like rubbish compare to Tidal on my 5k home system so I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

The only other thing I can think you try is.
1 - uninstall the app, restart your phone, reinstall app
Or
2. Clear cache of the tidal app - this will also delete any downloaded (offline) songs you have and will delete all settings and app data.

If you play a video via youtube or another music does your car display the title on the screen?

Sounds like a Tidal or phone related issue more than a car issue.

I'm not sure you understand my point lol. I have a music app that doesn't display song information like amazon prime music does. I'm trying to figure out why and how to get this sorted potentially.

Your point is that car Bluetooth doesn't play lossless quality. What's that have to do with anything? Genuine question... Are you suggesting I pay for tidal and for prime? Prime sounds like rubbish compare to Tidal on my 5k home system so I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
I'm not at all suggesting you pay for both and I personally would never pay a penny to amazon for anything. My reply was to the point you made in an earlier post that not having the tracks displayed was, whilst disappointing, not a deal breaker as the sound quality is much higher, which is not the case in the car as the bluetooth codec used by mercedes does not support hi-res files.
As you are happy with tidal that is great, as I say I am a subscriber myself .

Isn't this more likely to do with the way the tracks are tagged. Sounds like your MB sound system doesn't like the way Tidal tag their music, which is different to the way Amazon tag theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom