Tidy 190E Sportline

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G55AMG

Spotted this 1990 2.0 Sportline on a watch forum I frequent, sounds cheap enough for the condition and history?

I'd be happy to put in touch if anyone is interested (rather than joining said forum just to contact the seller), I don't think it's listed anywhere else.

LINKY

:)

Should it not have the side badges?!!

Hi, I seen a better one a few weeks ago on 'Autotrader' going for £1,695 burgandy with chamgagne leather, full cosworth kit and alloys, full body re-laquered, done aroun 113,000 miles, 2.6 auto and it looked great. If only I didn't have my C36 I would have went for it. Sorry no pictures as listing ended a while back.

Could well be interested! Any shots of the interior?

m.

+1, would like to see the interior, any chance of the original poster being able to get full details of the spec (using the VIN).

I've forwarded contact details of interested folks to the seller, and told him of this thread so he can maybe swing by and join up to answer any questions directly :)

Oi! mitts off lol :ban:

Well you are much closer to it, so the chances of you being able to do a deal are much much higher.

Anyway, it looks like a clean and unmolested (other than the alloys) one. A nice set of period 8 hole alloys would finish that off nicely.

Still keen to see the interior...

Well you are much closer to it, so the chances of you being able to do a deal are much much higher.

Anyway, it looks like a clean and unmolested (other than the alloys) one. A nice set of period 8 hole alloys would finish that off nicely.

Still keen to see the interior...

No worries. Just good timing for me as the current motor has lost its back box so given its only a C180 I was thinking fixing it might actually be more trouble than the car is actually worth as the end of the box has dropped off somewhere and as a result the gases have melted the bumper and the boot carpet!

Need another MB and quick so perfect timing on this one. As long as it isn't a shed I'm there :)

m.

No worries. Just good timing for me as the current motor has lost its back box so given its only a C180 I was thinking fixing it might actually be more trouble than the car is actually worth as the end of the box has dropped off somewhere and as a result the gases have melted the bumper and the boot carpet!

Need another MB and quick so perfect timing on this one. As long as it isn't a shed I'm there :)

m.

No worries, good luck, go for it!

Spotted this 1990 2.0 Sportline on a watch forum I frequent, sounds cheap enough for the condition and history?

I'd be happy to put in touch if anyone is interested (rather than joining said forum just to contact the seller), I don't think it's listed anywhere else.

LINKY

:)

I like the wheels, reminds me of amg pentas.

+1, would like to see the interior, any chance of the original poster being able to get full details of the spec (using the VIN).

This sounds like the one I looked at a couple of months ago, it really was lovely, I didn't think the interior would go but it does. Only reason I didn't buy it was because I wanted a project car and this one was too good. I did have some pics of the interior on my old fone, will have a look tonight. :)

Brett:Did you see the interior on that link ^

I meant the champagne red leather one. :)

Quick report back on this one.

Seller is too honest for his own good. Straight as a die.

Essentially, it was a company car once upon a time, the seller used to restore high end classics and lent this out to keep the customers in the manner to which they were accustomed.

Its had a lot of engine work to sort out oil leaks and coolant leaks from perished hoses/gaskets, the majority of which seems to have been done on a "while you are in there" basis so preventative more than anything.

Of course the big issue is rust. The wings were replaced because the suspension (ball joint I think he said) failed and the wing ended up getting crunched. There is a bubble strating on one of them but not a disaster.

Some boot rust but not sure about the wells at the bottom of the floor. No advisory on MOT though.

Also, think the alloys look well smart. They've been refurbed twice already and there are five of them, another in the boot.

Essentially an honest car that needs a little work to maintain it. For this reason, the mrs isn't keen as we already have a classic mini which has been in need of 'a little work' for the last three years and is still in the garage.

You could buy it and run it into the floor but it would be a shame I think.

m.

time zone

I too keep a watch (sorry about the pun) on time zone . Eddie Platts is a nice guy and knows his time peices. Spoke to him some years about the joys of Benz ownership!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom