Tidy looking S211 E500, 70k Miles for under £4k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SW18

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model Y (Formerly S212 E500)
Just spotted this, looks pretty good for the money and has averaged under 5k miles per year. MOT history is pretty good too. There can’t be many cheaper ways to move wardrobes at warp speed. It’s perhaps a bit short of toys though.

2003 53 MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS 5.0 E500 AVANTGARDE 5D AUTO 302 BHP | eBay

Loved my E500. Great cars and even better as an estate

I think that has 7 seats too judging by the boot floor configuration. But the load cover hasn't moved with the boot opening. Could just be a glitch but they are a pita to fix as the roof lining has to come out apparently. Even so at that price it looks a good deal.

ETA - ok it says so in the ad, just odd there isn't a pic, most people are keen to show it off.

Could the 211 E500s be the 124 E500s of the future? Probably not once EVs become the norm, but that is a lot of driving pleasure for the price. The interior looks grubby though, and the luggage cover looks like it needs replacing. As said, it also needs checking that it raises when the door opens.

It's not the end of the world having to raise the luggage cover manually. If that car was Tanzanite rather than black, and had parking sensors all round, I'd be seriously torn over whether to buy it.

Could the 211 E500s be the 124 E500s of the future? .
It would be nice if that happens! But I reckon the E55k is more likely to become the classic.

It would be nice if that happens! But I reckon the E55k is more likely to become the classic.

I agree. I know the 211 500 will never equal the kudos of the 124 500 with the Porsche connection etc, but the 211 is great looking car in all guises, and the 500s are such good cars. I think there's room for both, and whilst I chose a 500 as a more practical daily hack, the 55 would be a fantastic classic. I'd want the luggage cover working on either one, though, and ask Olly at PCS if it's any easy fix!

Quite a nice car and not a bad price imho. It is a seven seater, layout of boot and rear belts. Sometimes the tonneau cover can get out of synch, maybe that it all it is. Has the memory package and heated seats, decent wheels and only 70k odd miles. Rust maybe the only fault and if I was in the market for another S211 I’d have a chat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the later 5.5 211’s might become sought after along with the ‘55K.
They already are! I started looking for one after I'd had my 500 for a couple of years, and the rear suspension went on mine before I could find a 5.5, so I decided to get my money's worth. I've had it 8 years now, so I'm wondering if I have any Yarkshire blood in me?!!

What on earth has damaged that steering wheel, and the rear nearside passenger seatbelt ? Bizarre. Strange damage, albeit that both can be fixed.

And, it has had a haircut, judging from the online MoT history.

This generation won't match the E500 from the 1990's - it's all about rarity and demand - not even the E55 is rare enough, even for the few who survive.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

They already are! I started looking for one after I'd had my 500 for a couple of years, and the rear suspension went on mine before I could find a 5.5, so I decided to get my money's worth. I've had it 8 years now, so I'm wondering if I have any Yarkshire blood in me?!!
Only another 20 years to go and you’ll be about right then if there’s Yorkshire in thee!

What on earth has damaged that steering wheel, and the rear nearside passenger seatbelt ? Bizarre. Strange damage, albeit that both can be fixed.

And, it has had a haircut, judging from the online MoT history.

This generation won't match the E500 from the 1990's - it's all about rarity and demand - not even the E55 is rare enough, even for the few who survive.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
Oh, I didn’t notice the mileage discrepancy. That might explain the low mileage then, as in: it’s faked.

Oh, I didn’t notice the mileage discrepancy. That might explain the low mileage then, as in: it’s faked.

It might not be. If you swap the first seven with one of the fives, that would give about 4000 miles between tests, which fits the pattern of use in the several years before and after the 77k reading very well. I wonder if the MoT tester made a mistake?

Only another 20 years to go and you’ll be about right then if there’s Yorkshire in thee!
I've had my 129 SL for 16 years, so might have to start checking out the family tree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom